Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Old post, but..... I had the upgraded starter pn:0825-024c and course tooth reduction gear installed in 2013.5 X. Starts became more difficult and loud and clanky lately till while out riding the starter went out. First thing we noticed was the top, long, thin screw that clamps the ends of starter housing was missing. The previous owner of this cat said the same thing happened to him, losing both screws that hold starter housing ends together. Pulled starter and found the teeth were rounded off and reduction gear had a tooth missing. Don't know if the starter torqued a little sideways with screw missing and caused the damage but I will make sure to red loctite the two thin long screws on the upgraded starter I just ordered.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, blue loctite with a dot of red for peace of mind. Good thing my friend brought his extra xp1000 the day the X starter system failed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you Awesomeoffroad.com for the new starter, gear and gasket. This is what the starter teeth should look like. BTW, old starter and gear were the upgraded setup as well. Loctite was applied to the two long, thin starter screws.. hope this new setup lasts.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Last upgraded starter lasted 2 years but long thin screws on starter came loose then top screw disappeared, eventually starter teeth stripped out. Loctite those two long screws that hold starter ends and center together. I slotted the two mounting holes on starter to push a little bit more into case to fully engage contact of reduction gear
I have the cat disassembled at this time for other mods.

Any news on how this has held up? I’m waiting on my third starter now coming from awesome as well.[/QUOTE]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts