Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when jumping i land front first alot i was thinking taking some preload out of rear shocks would help i am complete new at all of this

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i prefer to land on the front first, not a shock adjustment, more than likely, its the jump itself doing that

·
Registered
986 Posts
Preload does not, will not effect compression or rebound. Preload sets your ride height. That's it. If you want to adjust the characteristics of it taking off, it's compression and rebound, but more so it's throttle control and jump shape, length, height, steepness, etc.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
long wheel base, short jump face = nose dive

·
Registered
205 Posts
do not come to fast at the jump but try to accelerate the most right when the front tires leave the ground (kind of trying to make a wheele at the last second) that will push your front higher, if you have a lot of momentum before the jump and you let off the gas before take off you will nose dive regardles of shock adjustments Specially in rhinos
hey at least is what CHUCK NORRIS said

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you guys noticed if you have the ability to change attitude controll like on a dirtbike? On a MX bike you can blip the throttle to drop the back end and hit the rear brake to kick up the back end mid air.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Preload does not, will not effect compression or rebound. Preload sets your ride height. That's it. If you want to adjust the characteristics of it taking off, it's compression and rebound, but more so it's throttle control and jump shape, length, height, steepness, etc.
you are on

·
Registered
426 Posts
Be careful using to much throttle cause if you land that way you might see axles or axle parts or rear diff pieces, or spike load dampner parts exiting the rear of your vehicle. They put the SLD in to help with this but it can only do so much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts