Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 wildcat trail
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's probably been talked about but I'm having troubles finding specific posts for my setup. I'm new to clutches but not to wrenching. So I put 30 inch maxxis on my trail and I'm only getting about 43mph and max rpm is roughly 7200 at best. Not so concerned about top speed as the rpm thing.I want more snap outta the hole, I do more mudding then high speed. I'm looking for suggestions on clutching. Ideally was go na go with cvtech for my primary but they're backorder till October. So for now I'm looking at just doing the easiest least expensive fix for now. Like springs for both clutches but I don't really know what I should be looking for as far as spring weights and or clutch weights and stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
most folks on here with the trail/sport have been happy with the dalton clutch kit...do a search here and something should pop up...i don't know what your elevation is in the land of "eh" where you reside is so the proper weights with the clutch kit are very important...the largest tires we had on our trails were 29" and 28"...being dalton is a canadian company i think it might be prudent to call them directly with all your specifics to get their firsthand reply for the best set-up for you...

Reactions: Dean

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
307 Posts
I agree with Dean on the Dalton kit. Another cheap setup is the Speedwerx secondary spring and the 2016 Sport primary weights, they are 2 grams lighter and cheap since they were mass produced. There are other weights out there but they are expensive.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
I agree with Dean on the Dalton kit. Another cheap setup is the Speedwerx secondary spring and the 2016 Sport primary weights, they are 2 grams lighter and cheap since they were mass produced. There are other weights out there but they are expensive.
our home is at 9400' above sea level and most riding is from 7000' to 14000' so we used "no" weights with our trails...we in fact had the dalton clutch kit but kept the speedwerx secondary spring on our last trail...engine braking was a vast improvement as well vs the oem clutch set-up...

·
Registered
2014 wildcat trail
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm trying to avoid the dalton kit because it's over $340. So for an extra 200 I can get a whole new cvtech clutch and just bolt it on in 20 mins.But till then is just a spring in the primary gonna help. Also fwiw Google says here I'm 350 meters above sea level. That's 1,148ft

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm also running 30" and could get 63 mph out of her on gps don't forget your speedo will be way off with bigger tires and i see your in the valley I'm in Azilda i have the speedwerx secondary spring if you want to try it make me an offer i am running the dalton set up.Google wildcat trail performance manual it will show you the affects of spring pressure vs rpm on primary and secondary and the flyweight factory selections with part numbers and effects

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
307 Posts
The Sport weight gave me about 200rpm more. I was like you, could only hit 7,200 rpm on the best day (5,000-7,000 elevation). Now I get 7,400 sometimes 7,450. The target rpm on these are 7,300-7,500.

Reactions: Bildo

·
Registered
707 Posts
If you end up going Dalton it is about 40 less and prepaid in Canada from Revco. Got mine there. Well worth it and a lot of adjustability for future scenarios. And you can do the kit without a puller. I bought one for other clutch issues to replace a warrantied unit but factor in the puller cost on top of cvtech if you don't already have one. Assume their secondary spring brake works good but I already had the speedwerx unit so just used the washer in kit. The Dalton got me dialed in proper with 28" tires.

Reactions: Sak kitty and Bildo

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Search “sport clutch “ about half way down the page I did a post that has the part #s for a cheap increase in rpm.

Reactions: Dean
1 - 9 of 9 Posts