Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Wildcat XX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone has had this happen I have a little over 1000 miles. Have the speedwerx stage 2 eliminator kit but with the speed clutch kit. Just wondering how or why it happed so I can avoid it. Happened in glamis Buried the rear end. Also looking for a new or used one thanks for the info
Automotive tire Wood Musical instrument Asphalt Rim
I
Idiophone Gas Machine Cookware and bakeware Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Wood Grey Asphalt Road surface

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Apparently it is pretty common....if you do a Google search you will see that the sled guys have had a lot of issues with the Team primary and that's why AC is switching. I just had to order a new one and can tell you MLS is the cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
179 Posts
I’ve got mine off right now..now I’ll inspect to make sure there is no cracking. I’ve also got the Speedwerx Extreminator kit and clutch.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
...why not upgrade on the NEW clutch ???
I was told not available yet and if it was the guys that already have a clutch kit for the TEAM primary would be out a lot more money...not to mention that no one has done any testing with the new clutch. The springs and weight are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
179 Posts
Woke up this morning to get the car back together and inspected the Primary clutch and noticed these 2 cracks..this is hitting me pretty hard as I’m pressed for time with my job to get the car ready for Thanksgiving. Do you guys feel this would be ok to run for the weekend out in the desert?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Shot in the dark...maybe, maybe not. If it does blow it will more than likely take out the secodary and the inner /outer cover also, exspensive mistake for sure. I got one from MLS powersports to my door in 1 week FYI. Mine just spit the pucks and scratched the sheeve a little, so I rebuilt and have a back-up now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Shot in the dark...maybe, maybe not. If it does blow it will more than likely take out the secodary and the inner /outer cover also, exspensive mistake for sure. I got one from MLS powersports to my door in 1 week FYI. Mine just spit the pucks and scratched the sheeve a little, so I rebuilt and have a back-up now.
[/QUOTE
Thanks Thunder for the quick reply!
And this explanation of yours is what concerns me..I’m deep into our car because the secondary loosened up(even with the Speed lock) and took out the belt and the inner cover as well as chewing up the input shaft. Needless to say I’mtrying to avoid getting this deep anytime soon. I’m also getting burned out dumping money into it…price we pay I guess.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Thunder for the quick reply!
And this explanation of yours is what concerns me..I’m deep into our car because the secondary loosened up(even with the Speed lock) and took out the belt and the inner cover as well as chewing up the input shaft. Needless to say I’mtrying to avoid getting this deep anytime soon. I’m also getting burned out dumping money into it…price we pay I guess.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry who is MLS? I looked on CountryCat and trying to figure out which one I’d need? They have a calibrated and uncalibrated…also it has been replaced with a new part number with a $250 price increase $653 for the old p/n and $884 for new p/n…ouch

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Sorry who is MLS? I looked on CountryCat and trying to figure out which one I’d need? They have a calibrated and uncalibrated…also it has been replaced with a new part number with a $250 price increase $653 for the old p/n and $884 for new p/n…ouch
Google search MLS powersports in KY. Think I paid 789 shipped? And yes it does not make any sense that the clutch with weights and spring is cheaper! I have my old clutch that I rebuilt with new buttons and new cam arms and spring that I will sell if your interested. It is a used clutch but the sheeves are not cracked. I was gonna keep as a spare but really see no need.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is your new clutch the new part number? Our car has the Speedwerx Extreminator kit and would prefer to swap those parts over…unless the new clutch is a significantly better .

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I can not find one difference in the 2 clutches. The spring is a slightly different weight but I think the difference was only like 5lb starting rate. Something like a 195 instead of a 190…didn’t right it down.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
...compared to many x clutches it looks theres a lot of wear- like grinding with sandpaper!??
gets more dirt in it? does these get hotter or team used bad material?? maybe this why AC quit them !? :- ()

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thunder,did you need a special tool to work taking apart the clutch assembly? Thanks

1 - 20 of 50 Posts