Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Apparently it is pretty common....if you do a Google search you will see that the sled guys have had a lot of issues with the Team primary and that's why AC is switching. I just had to order a new one and can tell you MLS is the cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
...why not upgrade on the NEW clutch ???
I was told not available yet and if it was the guys that already have a clutch kit for the TEAM primary would be out a lot more money...not to mention that no one has done any testing with the new clutch. The springs and weight are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Shot in the dark...maybe, maybe not. If it does blow it will more than likely take out the secodary and the inner /outer cover also, exspensive mistake for sure. I got one from MLS powersports to my door in 1 week FYI. Mine just spit the pucks and scratched the sheeve a little, so I rebuilt and have a back-up now.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Sorry who is MLS? I looked on CountryCat and trying to figure out which one I’d need? They have a calibrated and uncalibrated…also it has been replaced with a new part number with a $250 price increase $653 for the old p/n and $884 for new p/n…ouch
Google search MLS powersports in KY. Think I paid 789 shipped? And yes it does not make any sense that the clutch with weights and spring is cheaper! I have my old clutch that I rebuilt with new buttons and new cam arms and spring that I will sell if your interested. It is a used clutch but the sheeves are not cracked. I was gonna keep as a spare but really see no need.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I can not find one difference in the 2 clutches. The spring is a slightly different weight but I think the difference was only like 5lb starting rate. Something like a 195 instead of a 190…didn’t right it down.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I would by all means want a perfect one but I see no reason that one would not be fine...looks that it is only in the edge and not the belt surface?? Now better question is how did QC let that one leave the factory because it looks like porosity in the casting to me??

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
All you need is the spring and the clutch arms from your old clutch. No need to remove the spider unless rebuild the spider pucks…which looks like yours are shot like mine where.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Thanks Thunder! Really appreciate your input!
So the arms would get swapped to the new clutch?
I noticed a slight groove in the clutch body where that worn puck is. I was looking on Speedwerx site and they sale upgraded pucks($287.00 ouch).
I’m tired of buying parts for this thing,but if it’s a truely a upgrade part I may do it since it’s all apart.
Yes they have vespel pucks for the extreme! My factory made it for 2k miles and the new clutch looks like it has different material but only time will tell. I bought Fett brother delrin pucks when I rebuild my original and looked like a way better material than the 1st generation Team ones, and they where like $77. Are the Speedwerx worth 275? Maybe for racing.

One thing I will say is my Speedwerx weight where shot also.. they were wavy and that was cause the clutch to feel like it was sticking so check those.

I feel your pain on the money pit, but this thing is the least of my worries with this hobby at this point!!! Oh and glad I can help!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I suspect that there are a lot more people running around with cracked primary's.....they just dont know it. I am start to wonder if blowing belts has anything to do with cracking them? I mean I know that there is a flaw in the manufacturing but I have seen alot on the ones with cracks that have rubber all over them from blowing belts. Not one cracked one in my group and also we have never blown a belt, coincidence maybe??

Amazon huh....woiuld have never thought to look there.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

Here is the link if anyone needs it, it's gone up in price a little since I ordered mine but still not terrible
That clutch is for the X I believe..definitely not the XX. It is the 0823-669

1 - 13 of 13 Posts