Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
179 Posts
Thanks for the help Thunder! Bought a clutch from MLS,hoping it shows up by Monday or Tuesday next week.

·
Registered
2019 Wildcat XX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update on new primary I purchased
Automotive tire Rim Gas Engineering Automotive wheel system

So had it 2 day fed ex to get it on and ready before Turkey day. It has two chips in it. The turn around for a return won’t get it back in time. country cat mentioned purchase another one and they’ll cover the 2 day fees for shipping and when the bad one is returned they’ll refund my money. Am I over thinking the new chips in my clutch, should I take a chance and how do I start a go fund me for another $800 😂😂😂😂 just kidding.

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
179 Posts
Wow,what a bummer. I hope the one I purchased doesn’t have those dings. I’m hopeful mine will show before our thanksgiving trip.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I would by all means want a perfect one but I see no reason that one would not be fine...looks that it is only in the edge and not the belt surface?? Now better question is how did QC let that one leave the factory because it looks like porosity in the casting to me??

·
Registered
2019 Wildcat XX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I would by all means want a perfect one but I see no reason that one would not be fine...looks that it is only in the edge and not the belt surface?? Now better question is how did QC let that one leave the factory because it looks like porosity in the casting to me??
Yeah QC definitely dropped the ball on this one.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
While it's not perfect I would not be scared to use it. See if they will discount it. I'll give ya $500 for it.

·
Registered
2021 Wildcat XX
63 Posts
Definitely from impact, not casting.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My new Primary is in route but unfortunately it won’t here quick enough to make out Thanksgiving trip.
So in the mean time I’m taking apart the damage one to remove whatever Speedwerx parts that need swapped to the new one.
Does anyone have any tips for getting the rest of the Speedwerx parts removed? Or how much need to be removed. It appears there is a large nut that may need taken off,is this true? If so is it standard threads or left hand?Thanks for any info!
Bicycle part Rim Gas Cylinder Automotive wheel system

Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Metal Machine

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
All you need is the spring and the clutch arms from your old clutch. No need to remove the spider unless rebuild the spider pucks…which looks like yours are shot like mine where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bicycle part Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Machine
I

Is the clutch arms the parts circled in red?
Also I noticed the plastic/nylon/delron parts circled in blue is pretty worn. So the large black 3 finger part doesn’t get swapped to the new primary?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Thunder! Really appreciate your input!
So the arms would get swapped to the new clutch?
I noticed a slight groove in the clutch body where that worn puck is. I was looking on Speedwerx site and they sale upgraded pucks($287.00 ouch).
I’m tired of buying parts for this thing,but if it’s a truely a upgrade part I may do it since it’s all apart.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Thanks Thunder! Really appreciate your input!
So the arms would get swapped to the new clutch?
I noticed a slight groove in the clutch body where that worn puck is. I was looking on Speedwerx site and they sale upgraded pucks($287.00 ouch).
I’m tired of buying parts for this thing,but if it’s a truely a upgrade part I may do it since it’s all apart.
Yes they have vespel pucks for the extreme! My factory made it for 2k miles and the new clutch looks like it has different material but only time will tell. I bought Fett brother delrin pucks when I rebuild my original and looked like a way better material than the 1st generation Team ones, and they where like $77. Are the Speedwerx worth 275? Maybe for racing.

One thing I will say is my Speedwerx weight where shot also.. they were wavy and that was cause the clutch to feel like it was sticking so check those.

I feel your pain on the money pit, but this thing is the least of my worries with this hobby at this point!!! Oh and glad I can help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haha…thanks again Thunder. I just want to get this thing as solid as possible and hope to have it just simple maintenance and fuel.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts