Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was just beginning a ride and I entered a left turn drifting and I really was excited about the drift my best one yet o I layer into the pedal to give it some more gas and boooooom! Sounded like a bomb. What happened? Is it fixable? Do I need a new engine?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle part Rim Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Black Gear Silver Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
193 Posts
Wow! That was massive! It appears the PTO came out still attached to the remaining cases! Sorry to see that happen.
I wonder what failed to cause that?

·
Registered
78 Posts
You will not get anywhere with Textron. Way too far out of warranty. Something I have learned after 15 years as a powersports shop owner and mechanic is that no matter how good a machine is, they all can, and at some point will break. It just sucks when it is as catastrophic and expensive as this one. Sorry for your loss. If it were mine, I would look for a good used motor and then tear it down and build it back up just the way I want with all the good stuff in it. Then I would probably go with a TAPP or the new clutch Textron is offering.

I would be curious to do an autopsy on it and see what failed, if possible. My guess is that the clutch came apart, and when it did something got jammed and created a serious side load to the shaft breaking the case. Like a piece of the clutch jamming in behind the belt, etc. Was there any sign that something was amiss before she blew? A slight vibration, noise, clutch action, etc?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts