Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on a different forum where 1 guy says his brother broke a CV in Glamis (I believe him.) Then another guy chimed in and said that was the 2nd broken CV he'd heard about just from last weekend.

Anybody else heard reports of broken CVs?

Also, I see that a lot of people had the plastic cap fall out of the left side of their engine. I tried to pry on mine to see if it was loose, and it was in there really tight. I'm thinking that the problem really isn't that the cap falls off, but as the engine warms up, the expanding air pops the cap off to escape. What do you guys think? If so, they're going to have to design some sort of breather fix for this, or thread it and put in a threaded aluminum or delrin cap. You can't have this cap popping off in a mudhole somewhere or while crossing a stream!

I'm going to poke a small hole in mine and thread some dental floss into it to make a lanyard, if it falls off, at least it will be on the lanyard to get reinstalled.

·
Registered
122 Posts
not sure about the CV... haven't heard that yet, but the magneto cover, I had that problem and just put some RTV around the rim and popped it back on. Hasn't come off yet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
One of my rear tires popped in Ocotilo on Monday (Went for a day ride to break her in) - Might have hit a rock? I was to tired to check last night, but the tires could have come over-inflated from the factory? Worth checking before heading to the hard-pack...

Lost my magneto cover and placed one of these over it using 3M double sided bonding tape - Looks pretty cool:

DRZ Case Shields

The "clutch cover side"...

·
Registered
592 Posts
I saw on a different forum where 1 guy says his brother broke a CV in Glamis (I believe him.) Then another guy chimed in and said that was the 2nd broken CV he'd heard about just from last weekend.

Also, I see that a lot of people had the plastic cap fall out of the left side of their engine. I tried to pry on mine to see if it was loose, and it was in there really tight. I'm thinking that the problem really isn't that the cap falls off, but as the engine warms up, the expanding air pops the cap off to escape. What do you guys think? If so, they're going to have to design some sort of breather fix for this, or thread it and put in a threaded aluminum or delrin cap. You can't have this cap popping off in a mudhole somewhere or while crossing a stream!

I'm going to poke a small hole in mine and thread some dental floss into it to make a lanyard, if it falls off, at least it will be on the lanyard to get reinstalled.
That was a small problem on the Thundercat, I just used silicone to keep it in there

·
Registered
332 Posts
No problems with mine, I kept checking the plug and it was always there, tried to pop it out and it was pretty tight

·
Registered
124 Posts

Where did you hear about the broken CVs?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On glamisdunes.com.

Some of the members there are pretty straight up, but some of them can't tell a WC from a Rhino, or just plain make up crap for whatever reason.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I heard someone broke their crank, not sure I can trust him though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts