Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So the harnesses and bumper I ordered from the Cat dealer 3 weeks ago finally showed up. Since this stuff was from the Wildcat XX product catalog, I figured the install would be fairly straight forward. The bumper instructions pooned me, but that’s for another time.

I got the machine prepped to install the harnesses, which probably took an hour. I got the driver’s side harness installed and was getting excited until I went to plug the seatbelt sensor in. Wouldn’t you know it... it’s the wrong damn plug. Now I need to decide if I want to make a homemade pigtail with the old plug or take everything back apart and get the correct connector. If I go about doing it the correct way, I probably wouldn’t have it back together until mid June because of my work schedule and the hassle of the dealership being 90 miles away.

I’m a little irritated.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Took maybe a minute to bend a U out of .041" stainless safety wire, slide it into the connector and tape it all up. Not quite as goof-proof as what Corona did, but fully reversible. 18 gauge wire is essentially the same size as the safety wire I used. Thermostat wire? Romex? I'm sure there are lots of easily found sources.

That sounds like the PRP that couldn't get the details of my order right two years ago. Some things never change?

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I installed PRP harnesses in my XX, I had to order the plug from Rocky Mountain. I think it was eight bucks or something. if you don’t have time to drive to a dealer, there’s always Amazon or Ebay and these dudes that drive FedX, UPS, or Postal Service trucks that will BRING it to you.

·
Premium Member
7,499 Posts
bought the dongle along with prp harnesses from mls...they wouldn't sell the dongle alone...had to be with the harnesses...you can try dragonfire racing as they sell the dongle by itself for under $11...

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
OMG! Defeating the seatbelt interlock is as simple as connecting two wires. CoronaWildcat soldered his together, I made a staple out of the right sized wire and taped over the connector.

There is no resistor to trick the ECM, like eliminating some other sensors. Just find something that fits into the female wire connectors and do it. If it fits a little lose, bend a wrinkle into the wire.

I think it takes less time to make a jumper than it does to order one.

Dean, my outburst is not aimed at you, just the notion that a person has to rely on a vendor to defeat the seatbelt interlock.

·
Premium Member
7,499 Posts
not a problem mark...maybe a very few of us here (like myself) get nervous about replacing flashlight batteries...haaaaa...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts