8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
-1 Upper Control Arm
-1 Lower Control Arm
-1 Lower Ball Joint
-1 Duro

Probably -1 axle
Maybe 1 damaged shock

Dunno past that yet it is dark and it was hard enough to get it on the trailer so I didn't spend much time assessing damage. Glad I didn't come with just the Wildcat, needed to winch it up on the trailer.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then I shouldn't take pics and it will have never happened. Hit a 3 foot deep about 2 foot across chasm caused by runoff, was only going about 60 mph at the time.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks something like this:

Not so good.jpg

And yes hxloco you are very right, right after it happened I was thinking without all that suspension this would have been a big time disaster. Cut hard and hit it at an angle on the drivers front BAM flew up slightly hit the ground on the other side and came to a stop.

Oh well.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hmmm. Yep. It happened. Sorry to see it. Guess its a good thing that those are the things that fail since they can just be replaced.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope so too. It depends on parts availability of course.

By the way, it doesn't drive near as good after you do this.

:cool:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Sorry TX, I was hoping I could serve as a warning to everyone else. Parts availability is not good my friend. Find a fab shop or a good friend like I did.

And holy shit, that looks almost identical, wow...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Then I shouldn't take pics and it will have never happened. Hit a 3 foot deep about 2 foot across chasm caused by runoff, was only going about 60 mph at the time.

Hmmmmm, note to self, watch out for 3 ft chasm's and other "red" related obstacles.

Any idea what the repair bill will be on that??

Mike

·
Registered
945 Posts
Damn Tx.....I see the damage, but how did it feel when ya hit the ditch? Did it ever feel like it could endo? To bad man...sorry it happened.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dam Gone A Few Days & Lots Of Peps With There New Cats & All Bad News Waz Up

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think it will be long before one of the fab guys here builds a jig and starts producing some high quality (tig welded 4130) arms...Johnny?
We do that for our vintage Formula Fords simple due to the fact there no longer made.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.