Wildcat Forum banner

Quick Release Door Latch

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hamviper 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Wildcaters, I have a hopefully easy question. I would like to either modify or purchase a new door/door hinge system to allow the door to be quickly removed without tools. Is anyone aware of such a thing. My trailer is 6' wide and getting the door out of the way would make getting in an out much easier. This is on a 2015 wildcat trail limited.

#3 ·
Budget builders is making me a door with a custom hinge that has both pins up so it can be lifted off. Was looking at their doors anyway, only additional cost was I had to buy their new heavy duty hinge. Once I get it in and installed I will post some pics.

Reactions: mtgott
#5 ·
I did get them and have one door installed, still working on the second. Having some trouble getting the latch plate aligned. Once I used some dry lube on the hinge, the door slides right off. Basically all they had to do was flip the pin hole on the doors and use two up hinges instead of an up and down. To take it off you open the door about half way and wiggle it open and closed while you lift up. Takes about 15 seconds a door. Slips back on and wiggle down ready to go. I think they look good to. If I can get the latch plate all setup right, this is going to be a great solution to my trailer problem.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Automotive tire Hood Bumper Rim

Reactions: Cuda56
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.