Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad made some radiator scoops for his and my Trail and they worked pretty good. I have two rides with them on and I have noticed the fan runs significantly less. They bolt on using the existing threaded holes on the sides of the radiator and are made of galvanized sheet metal that was laying around. I know others have made shields to keep mud out, but for anyone in a drier climates they are worth a try.

EDITED: NEW PHOTO LINK

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/FVp9uYjglnU4AY5XAyicFu5mdMzNGHc1RVHIUyV0kke?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Great job!! Got them on race quads….why not the Trail.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Good idea for dry stuff! For me it would be bad news.... Mud wins.lol. Half my rides are in mud holes littered about and ur would load the rad up even more. I blocked the sides for this and my fans liked it

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Good idea for dry stuff! For me it would be bad news.... Mud wins.lol. Half my rides are in mud holes littered about and ur would load the rad up even more. I blocked the sides for this and my fans liked it

But they look like they block the sides also, at least in the front so would think it would work…only problem I see is if you were following too close to someones roost it would deflect more in maybe, could be wrong though….we use them on quads all the time and their rads are farther back and get more mud.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are the stock lights, must have been a weird reflection to get that double look going on.

The do block from the side to some degree, as they usually have dirt and a little mud on the outside of them. For my riding areas they are working out good so far.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Can you upload the pics to here and not dropbox? The links no longer work. Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I edited the first post, so that the photo links work.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
My dad made some radiator scoops for his and my Trail and they worked pretty good. I have two rides with them on and I have noticed the fan runs significantly less. They bolt on using the existing threaded holes on the sides of the radiator and are made of galvanized sheet metal that was laying around. I know others have made shields to keep mud out, but for anyone in a drier climates they are worth a try.

EDITED: NEW PHOTO LINK

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/FVp9uYjglnU4AY5XAyicFu5mdMzNGHc1RVHIUyV0kke?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy
Justheman Your dad did a great job...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts