Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just cruising. 50 on dirt road and pop! Almost killed engine ..so I stopped. In neutral. It runs put it in gear it dies .. Took the clutch cover off and found the fingers on the clutch was broke

Attachments

Registered
Can't see the flyweights but I have never seen a Spider break before in any clutch, snowmo or atv 馃槻

Premium Member
Green spring doesn鈥檛 look stock, did someone leave something loose.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Can't see the flyweights but I have never seen a Spider break before in any clutch, snowmo or atv 馃槻
I only had this for 2 months. I think the guy changed it to rapid response clutch a long time ago. It was running 50 on the road when that broke. I found a clutch. But have to use my spring and weights. Can I get them off the old clutch without removing the spider?

Registered
I can't believe how often this comes up lately. The 0823-386 primary was known to explode. There have been a few on here recently. It was replaced with the 0823-498 soon after the Team clutch was started in the X. There was a recall back in the day but you had to have cracks to get it replaced. If anyone on here has the early Team clutch GET RID OF IT!!!

Registered
...like crawl said- look for the right one with the 498 number digit- should be no problem-

the old spiders couldnt handle heat and stiffer springs!!

im still on my old 386- but im all stock and dont ride too hard...

Registered
When I had my 2014 Wildcat X I broke both the primary and secondary Team clutches. The spider broke on the primary and the secondary outer shieve was in 3 pieces. Called Cat they told me out of warranty too bad. Might be Team clutches but made to Cat's spec.

Registered
If you just want to put the same primary back in I have a good -386 primary that I took out of my 2014 x. I upgraded it as soon as the word got out that the old ones were prone to cracking. It only had about 600 mile on it when I took it out. Been sitting on the shelf for 5 years

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I can't believe how often this comes up lately. The 0823-386 primary was known to explode. There have been a few on here recently. It was replaced with the 0823-498 soon after the Team clutch was started in the X. There was a recall back in the day but you had to have cracks to get it replaced. If anyone on here has the early Team clutch GET RID OF IT!!!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts