Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is simple but I had to post it. I was out riding the WC today around the neighborhood and in some fields and when I got home as always I did a walk around to see if anything came loose or was broke... To my surprise I noticed my Magneto Cap Cover missing.... yeah this is a $2.97 part but REALLY????? When you spend 16k on a machine you would expect something that simple to stay on. it looks like it's the same for all the 1000 so I am going to my local dealer tomorrow to get one, but has anyone heard of this being a problem for AC? I know I should have bought Japanese.... J/K

Part number 7 is what fell off... click on the pic to enlarge

MagnetoCover.jpg

So what's up with that?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well on the bright side.....you found that it was missing~~~~!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Someone else said theirs has fallen off already too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I can't complain too much, but if I were deep in the woods or something it would piss me off if water and mud got in the threads... I know the cover is more of a 'dust' cover, to protect the seal. I just wanted to keep the forum informed so I can see if this is something that happens a lot or just an anomaly. But I only have like 2 hours on the machine!!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
note to self. glue cap before riding. thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good question. Mine is missing so I can't tell you... hahaha... but from the picture it looks like it just presses on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thats was my post..Also no cotter pins in castle nuts on all 4 axles and both my plugs under hood were unplugged causing engine code.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Are no Cotterpins On Castle Nuts Its A Plate that Locks It In
Yup I Freak Out When I Saw That To

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
what is hood?

Thats was my post..Also no cotter pins in castle nuts on all 4 axles and both my plugs under hood were unplugged causing engine code.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rode our for 60km and noticed the rear driveshaft boot came off. Just had to slide it back on and clamp better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They read it they just wont speak up because then they admit there is a problem. Instead they report back to factory and make changes.:cool:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
just be sure to use your stock lug nuts with aftermarket wheels and all will be fine.
My Stock Lug Would Not Go In My Rims

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the first year in production.

One must expect some deficiencies in workmanship and/ordesign. I watched this in Commanders and XPs when they were introduced. Hopefully nothing is too serious.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts