Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks for the information. Does the dealer put the axles in or does the factory?

Where do I get 11 Rib Axles?
Factory puts the axles in.
Dealer is supposed to check the side to side play but they usually don't
Dont think yours was a plunge or left to right play issue- looks like a bad axle.

·
Registered
916 Posts
it would probably be wise not to mention your krispy creme maneuvers to your dealer and just get it fixed...we've had first and third generation axles on our rig with no issues...but i'm a milk toast operator...aka "old"...
Come on now Dean...I know when I am not driving Miss Daisy (wifey) around, the skinny pedal gets more work. Probably the same for you. These cars are too fun at speed...almost a waste going slow...except for the magic carpet ride...

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
this past week was not for going balls to the walls as white out dust conditions ruled the week...now doing the asphalt portions getting to the trailheads is another story...one doesn't want to contribute to the clogging of one's injectors do they?!...

Reactions: mtgott

·
Registered
12 Posts
I remember one time I had a couple arctic cats. :unsure: I remember going to my local dealer with questions such as; 'how does something like that happen when I'm just riding it leisurely for 25 miles? Are these built for off-road riding or NOT?' ...And things like...'my brake line was sliced thru with the factory guide that wore down into a razor, (no pun intended), thank goodness I was on a flat trail going 10mph and not going down a steep hill!" 'holy crap, I need bearings already! It's only got 500 miles on it'. I wanted a XX so bad when they came out but after the sport and the X, I just couldn't see myself in that driver seat. Good luck with your machine, hope the new axle keeps you out of the garage and on the trails for awhile!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I remember one time I had a couple arctic cats. :unsure: I remember going to my local dealer with questions such as; 'how does something like that happen when I'm just riding it leisurely for 25 miles? Are these built for off-road riding or NOT?' ...And things like...'my brake line was sliced thru with the factory guide that wore down into a razor, (no pun intended), thank goodness I was on a flat trail going 10mph and not going down a steep hill!" 'holy crap, I need bearings already! It's only got 500 miles on it'. I wanted a XX so bad when they came out but after the sport and the X, I just couldn't see myself in that driver seat. Good luck with your machine, hope the new axle keeps you out of the garage and on the trails for awhile!
I agree with you, if it wasn't for covid I would of bought an XX by now, since joining this site and reading about the brutal failures experienced by X and XX owners I am going to do my home work and find the best engineered machine.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
I agree with you, if it wasn't for covid I would of bought an XX by now, since joining this site and reading about the brutal failures experienced by X and XX owners I am going to do my home work and find the best engineered machine.
Finding the best engineered machine won't be an easy feat! They all have their quirks. They all have issues. They all have problems. I've said this since I've joined the site, and say it on other sites, it's the luck of the draw when you pick your car. Some won't have any issues, some will have nothing but issues.

Take a look at all the manufacturers, including the Speed UTV that has taken years to come out, and still isn't ready. They all have some type of issues.

Reactions: izom

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Speed still hasn't delivered any cars?? Dang, JBL might not be able to drive by the time he gets his!

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
JBL will be Speed's Crash Test Dummy! Actually I hope it comes out before dune season, and he's on the list to get one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finding the best engineered machine won't be an easy feat! They all have their quirks. They all have issues. They all have problems. I've said this since I've joined the site, and say it on other sites, it's the luck of the draw when you pick your car. Some won't have any issues, some will have nothing but issues.

Take a look at all the manufacturers, including the Speed UTV that has taken years to come out, and still isn't ready. They all have some type of issues.
Hollywood, I certainly agree they all have their issues, but its the manufacturers that respond to the issues with real solutions, ones that invest in R&D and finds problems before the machine gets to the consumer. My guess the manufacturers working with the high HP machines will have the edge, they are forcing themselves to build a far more durable unit. AC failed all X owners with a simple starter issue, and 10 years later still no fix from them, inexcusable by any standards, being able to start your engine without being concerned about breaking its case is kind of basic simple ask from the consumer. That said kudos to AC X owners who have taken up the cause and found ingenious solutions to that problem. In any event this thread is the byproduct of a customer that did a couple doughnuts with a brand new 20K + machine and he experiences a clearly significant driveline failure.... is it a fluke, a one off.....or is it a "here we go again.......moment.

·
Registered
916 Posts
RG is beating the sheez out of his pre production units in Parker, Lucerne and San Felipe.
He is careful to not put out junk.
If everyone has to wait, so be it.

Saw one test rider when asked how the ride was. He said "Game changer". When asked what he meant by that he said, "When you think you are in trouble, you are not".

At 20k, the XX is still the best machine available...hands down.
New vid available from last night.
I will try to post it here.
Still haven't watched it yet...later when I hit the couch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ignore Gord. There are tons of XX owners that have thousands of miles with absolutely no issues. When I look at other brands, there are always several things that I see and think "I would do that differently". Not so much on an XX.
An experienced driver is best to help any machine last.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it's a known issue the Dealer should take car of it before you get it, no matter the manufacture. All these machines have problems. What are we paying for with dealer prep or assembly? I bet they don't even go thru the check list.
Lynx you didn't notice the banging and vibration until you looked at it when you came home? Doesn't even sound like you took time to do the break in in properly.
It looks as if the engineering is pretty good if that axel didn't do any more damage swinging around like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, welcome to Arctic Cat, this is what they do, for what ever reason they just can't seem to get the engineering right, its sad but true the consumer seems to be responsible for the R&D, pretty disappointing to see such a huge failure on such a new machine. Luckily you have warranty!!!
I have run my 2018 XX over the Baja 500 course in 2021 and the 1000 in 2020. The only mod I've made is r&r the rear axles the 2020 version. Knock on wood, it's been flawless.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good luck. They all have serious flaws. Personally I wouldn't touch a Polaris with a 10ft pole. Yamaha has a shift box that I have heard clutch troubles exist. Can-Am is very expensive coming and going. The XX is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good luck. They all have serious flaws. Personally I wouldn't touch a Polaris with a 10ft pole. Yamaha has a shift box that I have heard clutch troubles exist. Can-Am is very expensive coming and going. The XX is the best bang for the buck.
Maybe, not sure they all have SERIOUS issues, generally speaking you get what you pay for, I would pay a little more for a machine that was durable and not plagued with issues proper engineering and RD would have exposed, ie The X starter, issues, broken cases, etc. That certainly is a serious issue proper engineering could have eliminated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe, not sure they all have SERIOUS issues, generally speaking you get what you pay for, I would pay a little more for a machine that was durable and not plagued with issues proper engineering and RD would have exposed, ie The X starter, issues, broken cases, etc. That certainly is a serious issue proper engineering could have eliminated.
Ever hear of an XX burn to the ground?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts