Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while out riding the drivers side rear axle popped out of the housing. I was going up a hill with barely any incline and noticed that when I got to the top it kicked out hard sideways. The top of the hill did have some loose rocks but nothing major that I haven't already went over several times. We stopped at the very top of that hill and while taking a break I just so happened to look down to see the axle had popped out and was laying on the a-arm. Not just laying either it had wedged in there pretty good. I guess it's just dumb luck that we stopped at the top immediately after it happened so no damage was done. We managed to get the axle popped back in and made it all the way home with no further issues.

Has anybody ever had anything at all happen like this? Is it something to be very concerned about since it drove fine after popping axle back in? I'm not too mechanically inclined but it seems like that would almost be impossible for it to come out of the housing without it being completely broken but the axle itself was fine, no damage at all. Anyway, curious to see if anyone has had this happen or has ever even heard of it before. 2015 sport xt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey, this problem keeps happenning to me I tried everything, even welding the axle to the castle nut but it happened again and everyone time it happenes it destroys the axle screwing. if you learned anything about this problem please tell me. thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
hey, this problem keeps happenning to me I tried everything, even welding the axle to the castle nut but it happened again and everyone time it happenes it destroys the axle screwing. if you learned anything about this problem please tell me. thanks.
fyi, trailkrawler hasn't been on the forum for over 5 years..

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It's really hard to believe the axle is pulling thru the castle nut & not popping out of the differential 1st :unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts