Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched on here for a replacement rear seal that seems to be prone to leakage....Anyone have a Timken or another brand part # that works??? Which brand and weight of fluid is best to put back in? I'm sure it needs flushed after the muddy hell I just put it through!!! Best approach? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Not sure on another brand seal. But as far as fluid I just use a good brand of 75-90 synthetic.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I've searched on here for a replacement rear seal that seems to be prone to leakage....Anyone have a Timken or another brand part # that works??? Which brand and weight of fluid is best to put back in? I'm sure it needs flushed after the muddy hell I just put it through!!! Best approach? Thanks!!
Vent the diffs to the atmosphere and you will eliminate most of your seal problems.

Reactions: bbyers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is it back to dealer for new seals then?

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Or do it yourself. I got my seals from MLS. You got quite a few nuts and bolts to take off, but replacing the seals are the easiest part of the job. And like Fortune said, vent your diff. FWIW my 14 X blew the right rear seal at about 300 miles. Sucks, but it is what it is. And.....after a multiple page thread several months ago, I'm running Lucas synthetic 75-90. Have fun with that stupid drain bolt in the front diff. I finally figured it out, but it could have been done differently! Helps if your wife has small hands!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant back to the dealer to purchase the seals....on my can am I could cross reference all kind of seals, fuel pump, and other generic stuff to the local parts houses

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with my dealer....(4 hr drive!!!) He said the rear seals are 40mm×62mm×7mm.....parts house here I come

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Compare those #'s to:

National 224020

SKF 15851

While you there see what he has for gearbox breathers

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Since I'm replacing my rear axle I might as well replace my rear diff seal since it leaks, I have the axle off already and now I'm looking at a lot of grease and bearings so who has done this and can give me a step by step

1 - 9 of 9 Posts