Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You see them on ebay now and then. i have purchased them now and then and rebuilt them. If you buy one from ebay EXPECT to rebuild it. Not expensive nor difficult to do. Any year Wildcat Rear Diff will work.
I carry a spare rebuilt rear diff as do a few other Forum Members. Someone might come forward and offer theirs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You see them on ebay now and then. i have purchased them now and then and rebuilt them. If you buy one from ebay EXPECT to rebuild it. Not expensive nor difficult to do. Any year Wildcat Rear Diff will work.
I carry a spare rebuilt rear diff as do a few other Forum Members. Someone might come forward and offer theirs.
Thank you, I have been looking everywhere. Is the female part of the diff that the coupler goes into, is that the SLD? Or is that part of the pinion gear? I think those spines are stripped out on mine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The stripped part is the small end of the SLD.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I don't see those on ebay. The part is 1402-965. It might be easier to find a complete rear diff than the SLD Basket (clutch basket).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you so much for the help, unfortunately I can't find them anywhere I might call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Have you seen the SLD delete kits? Would you recommend that?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Muzzy made a delete kit but they went out of business years ago. You don't need a delete kit. Just weld the interior clutch basket assembly (about 20 washers) together. Your issue is the basket Holder being stripped. There might be some novel ways around this, like welding the stubby drive shaft to the stripped Basket Holder. But there may need to be some "play" in there and a weld would be solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts