Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new owner of a 2014 wildcat x 1000. I had it out for a day and thought I heard some issues but could not find them. The next day I went out for a ride and found after a while that if I was driving and let my foot of the throttle it would make some loud banging noises and lock up the rear wheels. This only happens when I let off the throttle completely. I took the cover off the clutch and it looks fine, I also took both rear CV shafts off and took the rear diff apart and it looks alright. What next? Im thinking it might be a tranny issue but would like other ideas before I take the transmission out.

·
Administrator
27,475 Posts
Welcome pklanten. You've gone over most of the stuff I would have. But it still drives if you give it gas / throttle? I would have sworn it was the rear diff going, but taking a guess, could be the dreaded bevel gears. Plenty of threads on them.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Drain the engine oil and remove the oil fill spout (3 screws) you can do a visual on the bevels. The housing has an o-ring seal and can be re-used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts