Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would your recommendations be for 1st on the list of "must haves" for the Wildcat?

My husband says bumpers. I say winch and stereo. (If we can pull ourselves out and listen to tunes while doing it, I'm good with that! :D )

Speaking of "tunes", we currently have a system in our RZR from mammoth-sound.com and love it! Sounds great, ipod controlled, individual volume control, etc. I have requested they make a version for the Wildcat, but haven't seen any on their website yet. Any other system out there compare?

~Lynette

·
Registered
146 Posts
harness bar - we got ours from Factory UTV and love it
stereo system - JR Audio in Norco, CA did ours and it kicks butt!! 4 channel Amp in the front and 2 speakers built in below door. They installed 4 channel in case we wanted 2 more speakers up by our heads, but the speakers they put in are all we need!
We have our a arm guards and skid plate and will be puttng that in this week before our trip out to Ocotillo Wells next weekend.

On our shopping list:
tires
tool bag/cooler for "trunk" area - our rhino has so much more storage space below the seats for tools
roof
more vacation time to enjoy our WC!! ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ditto on the
Tires, Tires, Tires. (A must is getting rid of those cheep ass Duro 4 ply tires)
Harness Bar w/ 4-/5-point harnesses ( helmet or at least wear a Bicycle style helmet)
Loctite

Also include
Socket wrench & extension & sockets for all major bolts including torque screw sockets
Good Tire repair kit & pump
Bead lock wheels (if you can afford it)

Other thins I am adding to my Ride
A-Arm skid plates (Factory UTV)
Body skid plate (Factory UTV)
extra drive Belt
And one each extra of the Tie Rod & Rear lower Radius arm

As far as the comm system goes, you can get awesome prices form Rugged Radios, with pricing starting from $348 & up for a 2 place system with I pod capabilities

Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
Harness bar and belts should definitely be #1 on that list, the cat is fast enough to get yourself in trouble real quick, as some on here already know!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

Wildcat is absolutely first on the list. lol

We have to be very careful with what sound system we put in because of the wet/muddy riding we do. We have never and do not plan to do any sand riding, we ride creek beds, mountains, woods, mud, deep creek crossings. Has to be something that is water/weather proof.

Sounds like we need to look at harness and belts and tires too.

We have all of the typical repair items/tools in our RZR and will transfer some of that over when we get the cat.

Was just wondering what everyone else felt was an important addition.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looks like this is covered very well.....

Doc.....try starting a thread on your question......might get a better responce.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Where is JB Audio in Norco, CA? I looked in yellow pages and can't find it.
Sorry - JR Audio (My CRS setting in!)

1825 Hamner, Norco was their address, but they were moving to a building 1/2 a block up the street, but still on Hamner. We were their "test case"!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Id Say 12 Pack Of Nattie Lite For Sure:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry - JR Audio (My CRS setting in!)1825 Hamner, Norco was their address, but they were moving to a building 1/2 a block up the street, but still on Hamner. We were their "test case"!!
Went today and had my truck done. Not sure what I want to do with WC. Want Satellite but don't want radio.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts