Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nervous,recently installed the wcd, how many successful wcd set ups are in use. Do the issues mainly come from the dune riders or are they just as consistent will dirt riders.I am debating on weather or not to remove it.I did use the lock tight sleeve compound so does this save the crank? Did rabbit lock tight his sleeve was reds sleeve lock tight on. How many miles did red and rabbit have on the wcd set up. Sorry for so many? I am hoping I didn't make a mistake. All feedback is appreciated thanks .

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well We Now Know Of 3 Peps That Have WCD Hows Your Holding Up ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have about50 miles on it.I tore it back down yesterday and inspected everything. It all looked good but I am nervous considering what happened to rabbit.I must say the performance is awesome so I really don't want to remove it I am just worried about getting 50 miles from nowhere and bang. No cell service and a long walk

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hear Ya There On The Walking
But Time Should Tell Been In Any Mud With It ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet I'm planning on a long ride the 10th around100-120 miles lots of mud, creeks, and rocks. So i am debating on removing it before I go or just freshen up on my less Stroud reruns.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dude You Gots To Keep It In & Let Us All Know How It Does :D
Did I Just Say Dude OMG The Kids Will Freak Out If They See This:D

Reactions: wildone and Foxfire

·
Registered
945 Posts
Cat....Adam seem to believe that this is an isolated incident, but if it were me, I'd give Adam a call and ask him some questions. It seems that there could be some issues with the design, but to date no one really knows why Wabbit had the failure. So I guess it's a toss of the coin right now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I'll keep in but if my crank fails I will need some help fixing it from all you guys wanting to make this right. Again I will thank everyone for help

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
If You Have A Problem & Thats A Big If Im Sure Peps Are More Than Happy To Help Out:cool:
Where Ya Live ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in pa I tried to get Adam but only got the answering machine. The oil drain plug is magnetic so I will keep an eye on it for crank shavings.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Glad to hear that you are keeping the WCD in and giving it some time and miles. That's taking one for the team, keep us informed.

·
Registered
986 Posts
You are braver than me, my wcd had about 4 hours, 30 minute of which was sand before I pulled it. There was no visible damage, but I don't think you would have visible damage, once it gets a little loose, the constant whiplash effect on those splines of on and off the throttle, and boom it will just go. There wont be shavings until after the fact.I too tried to contact Adam, donkey tried, no answer, no return calls. I think the 6 of us that bought it at least deserve to hear from him firsthand, if he wants to stay in business online he would be wise to hop on and say something. Not just allow the rumor mill to circulate for a week about his product and service. At this point I'm pretty well done with him, moving on to my own resources. I hope for your sake catman, that it was an isolated incident, but based on the design, I'd say not. On the other hand splined axles just slide in Cvs and they don't rip frequently but they are also hardened to hell and back. Too many unknowns and too much financial risk for me.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
You are braver than me, my wcd had about 4 hours, 30 minute of which was sand before I pulled it. There was no visible damage, but I don't think you would have visible damage, once it gets a little loose, the constant whiplash effect on those splines of on and off the throttle, and boom it will just go. There wont be shavings until after the fact.I too tried to contact Adam, donkey tried, no answer, no return calls. I think the 6 of us that bought it at least deserve to hear from him firsthand, if he wants to stay in business online he would be wise to hop on and say something. Not just allow the rumor mill to circulate for a week about his product and service. At this point I'm pretty well done with him, moving on to my own resources. I hope for your sake catman, that it was an isolated incident, but based on the design, I'd say not. On the other hand splined axles just slide in Cvs and they don't rip frequently but they are also hardened to hell and back. Too many unknowns and too much financial risk for me.
DUDE! Red you took it off? Didn't you pay like a grand for that thing? The most troubling thing I have read on all this is that nobody has heard from Adam - or has someone? Rabbit? Because he is a supporting vendor on here, I'll refrain from mentioning what characteristic this wreaks of. On-line business or brick & mortar...You must answer the calls from your customers. Coming on this board, which I might add is his sales forum, and reassuring the consumer would be basic professionalism and a necessary gesture of concern. Even if the verdict is not in, some transparency that he is working on a solution (or determining the failure is unrelated) would go a long way in reassuring his vested and future customers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a business myself and had to learn the hardway about not answering phone calls. It is much better to make and return the calls even if you do not have all the answers. No answer with communication if a much better route for customer service. We all get busy but it only takes a few minutes to call with a progress reports. I know this clutch situation will be figures out, too many minds working to find a solution. A loss of reputation is hard to repair especially with all the information on the internet. Come on Adam please call these people it hard to hear all the negative info. Every new product goes through evolutions and changes and this will be figured out. :(

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Ges, what was the nature of your conversation with Adam? I believe you sent him your clutch about a week & 1/2 ago. Any news for us? The best I can tell, the last post by Adam was back on the 15th when he called Dent a Jackass for not wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i am trying to get him to leave the wet clutch in mine and fab from there to put a cvtech clutch on so it will shift better it is not the wet clutch that is causing the motor to bog down it is the inability of the secondary to back shift itself and the primary together i don't plan on mods more than say timing key and fuel controller the wet clutch will handle that with no problem in my opinion he is looking into it thinks he can build that way for me that way wet clutch is tight to crank like it is meant to be my goal is to get it to upshift and back shift if driven 40 mph get out of gas back in it it pulls motor down to 6600 or 6700 that no good he wanted me to check back in in a week

·
Registered
487 Posts
Need to leave the WCD alone and 1st work with what we have until we overpower the the wet clutch.:turtle: If stock we are overpowering the wet clutch then Cat needs to step up and change it. Also could try running competition stall springs like they use at sled pulls in the ATV's if having an issue with wet clutch. There are alot of things to do before having to do a delete. If I had a Wildcat I would be in touch with EPI ASAP.

I do belive the WCD does have it's place but not with a stock machine.

Reading what folks have written so far it sounds like we need to get some new helix's cut with a couple of different primary/secondary springs is what is required to wake these machines up. I am hearing about pulling rpm's down, not being able to run hills with paddles, being out run by Razers. Bottom line tune the clutches till you are overpowering the wet clutch then consider installing a WCD.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts