Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
For that fix cost you should just offer to buy it and repair yourself. A well used Wildcat only goes for about 9000-10000 I've seem. So if they would have considered it valued at about that much I'd offer to pay the extra 3000 own it outright, then repair only what you actually have to. Turn around and sell it yourself for 9000 if you don't actually want to keep it.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
For that fix cost you should just offer to buy it and repair yourself. A well used Wildcat only goes for about 9000-10000 I've seem. So if they would have considered it valued at about that much I'd offer to pay the extra 3000 own it outright, then repair only what you actually have to. Turn around and sell it yourself for 9000 if you don't actually want to keep it.
Yeah, but that won't happen. You should see the contract that is drawn up, and all the fine print. Just like everything else, nobody reads it all. They just want to get on the thing and go. Renting quads / UTVs is usually a one time deal. Like I said, even if nothing happened, they'll find something, and you have to pay. Then the renters never go back.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
It's like when you rent a uhaul. There will be scratches and gouges in the van box with stickers on them. Other people did that and were charged for it,but u haul never replaces or repairs the box. It's a racket
I used to rent U-Hauls all the time for my cross country antique business. My best day ever was when I swiped a sheet of those stickers when the guy was not looking. No more damage worries ever. It was not so much that I always damaged the trailers, it was I put those damn stickers on all the existing damage every time I rented so I did not get dinged for someone else damage that got by when it was dropped off.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
I used to rent U-Hauls all the time for my cross country antique business. My best day ever was when I swiped a sheet of those stickers when the guy was not looking. No more damage worries ever. It was not so much that I always damaged the trailers, it was I put those damn stickers on all the existing damage every time I rented so I did not get dinged for someone else damage that got by when it was dropped off.
Wait a minute! You used to work? This definitely has to be the lead in story, replacing Hurricane Irma on the 6:00 news!!!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wonder how many times he/they rental company charged others for the same parts etc... Yes you should of got insurance no matter what plus did they go over all the atvs/sxs with you to show you the shape they were in... Yes I would of also would of taken a lot of photos of each atv/sxs of every angle with the date and time of when the photo's were taken and with the vin# and always get the miles too... Also check all fluids as well... This way you would have a leg to stand on,,, But with nothing you don't... That really sucks

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Wait a minute! You used to work? This definitely has to be the lead in story, replacing Hurricane Irma on the 6:00 news!!!!!
You are killing me dude. I also used to be a Civil Engineer that worked on big waterfront projects. A little good fortune and living within your means can lead to early retirement. I HIGHLY recommend it...

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
You are killing me dude. I also used to be a Civil Engineer that worked on big waterfront projects. A little good fortune and living within your means can lead to early retirement. I HIGHLY recommend it...
Can't. Too many toys I want! Too many vacations I need!

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
You are killing me dude. I also used to be a Civil Engineer
Three engineering students were gathered together discussing who must have designed the human body.

One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints."

Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections."

The last one said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

·
Registered
305 Posts
If they haven't fixed it as of yet have someone go and inspect it. If they say it has already been fixed demand the alleged broken replaced parts. If they can't produce them for you they probably crooked and taking advantage of the situation

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife and I own a little resort on the Paiute Trail and decided to try UTV rentals (2 utility machines). We got everything set up and started working on insurance quotes. We could only find one insurance company that would even underwrite liability and damage policies. For two machines Aug - Oct the liability insurance was $4,400 and the damage insurance was $50 per machine per rental day. Our broker for our regular liability policy on the resort also told us we would be dropped if we started a UTV rental business on the property. Probably safe to assume that UTV rentals result in lots of injuries and expensive damage. I would also imagine that a business that submits very many claims is very likely to see a large premium increase and possibly get dropped from their policy.

Sorry to hear about your friend, hope he heals quickly. I don't have a good answer to your question about getting fleeced but I have heard that rollovers, even just rolling onto the side of the machine, can result in more damage that one would imagine (i.e. engine still running and depriving the engine, etc.). Shops charge $100+ per hour for labor and stock parts are awfully expensive. Hope you're able to resolve it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Heres my thing if it rolled only on the right side why does it need upper and lower left front arms? I question some of the parts but those to stick out as no way do they need replaced. But a roll over is costly at times

21 - 32 of 32 Posts