Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My primary and secondary have developed deep grooves in them. This causes the belt to want to settle there and becomes hard for it to shift past that part. When it does it’s a sudden change. Rather than buy new ones, does any company do resurfacing jobs?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Hopefully someone with more relevant experience will post, but if the grooves are not too deep, I think you would be okay. Any decent machine shop (general machining, not automotive engine rebuilding machine shop) will have a lathe large enough to swing your clutches. I did this on non-machined snowmobile clutches 30 years ago to true the as-cast faces.

You'll need to adjust the clutches the same way you would to setup a worn (narrow) belt.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Some of the vendors on here might machine clutches, hopefully someone will chime in on this. Sent you a p.m with some info

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Adam at Airdam clutch's does good work but is hard to get a hold of..

·
Registered
549 Posts
My primary and secondary have developed deep grooves in them. This causes the belt to want to settle there and becomes hard for it to shift past that part. When it does it’s a sudden change. Rather than buy new ones, does any company do resurfacing jobs?
Buy new and buy them uncalibrated. It will cost you the same in shipping , labor and return shipping to have someone resurface them.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I hoping such a service wouldn't cost an arm and leg, but if they want to price themselves as high as you hint at, then I'll just buy new.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And there is only OEM option at this point, right? I haven't found an aftermarket Primary or Secondary for a Sport/Trail yet.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You won't see an aftermarket solution that is economical vs stock.

Shop rate for most machine shops is $100/hr by the time you fixture it, dial it in , program it you're at a hour/hour and half for one side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a team tied secondary from Venom motorsports for my wildcat trail. I have a pretty good set up now after spending around $600.00 for the right components, spring, helix, offset and making a belt compression tool. It upshifts and backshifts excellent. Much more workable throttle with this set up. Only thing is you loose a few mph on top end. I would rather have good shifting over a few mph. It can be done. Pauli

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. I'll send this guy a pic of my grooved clutch and see what he quotes me. If he's under half the cost of new, I may go this route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts