·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought or have or seen the RG edition of the 4xx around

·
Registered
10 Posts
$50k by the time you add a few preferred items, pay tax and get it home...wonder if comes with redesigned axles? He basically admits to a design flaw in the original application. They should recall and replace. 2019 axles this design?

·
Registered
872 Posts
They had axle issues since the prototypes were being developed and raced. I watched them blow axles left and rt.
Off the shelf parts were not working and RG knew it. He had been working on a design for a couple of years.

I think the late 18's have the larger axles (27.25 mm I think) and the smaller boots- 8 bellows. (mine)
2019's have the larger axles and larger boots- 11 bellows and seem to hold up well.

Look at the setup Fortin has designed for the Can Am X3's.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The axles on these XX's are defective. I haven't been able to get more than two weekend trips without one or both of the rear inner boots opening up and throwing grease everywhere. It has the newer axles and boots.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Textron / Arctic Cat really does not know the market. Per RG Arctic Cat does not think their is a current market for a 4 seater and due to their restructuring, it might be awhile before they understand what that market wants. Even though the 4 seat XX is done and ready for production.

But Honda gets it! They just announced their new Talon 4 seater and also the optional aftermarket / factory 165 hp Turbo kit.

It took them less then a year to announce the Talon and now Talon 4, and a turbo kit.

What’s Arctic Cat doing? Losing to the competition! Sadly my guess is Arctic Cat is slowly going on life support. They be sold or just dissolved before they figure it out, Heck it might be to late? They sold 4500 XX’s last year, so it’s not like Arctic Cat is a real threat to the rest of the UTV industry.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Arctic Cat be a big player, and I was waiting for their 4 seater, as I think the XX is the best UTV platform. (Not a huge fan of the Yamaha engine though) A Weber engine would be awesome! But I don’t think I will hold hold on to hope.

Heard that Kawasaki is shooting to release their new machine by the end of the year, or early next year.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
hmm strange- i think they would sell a lot of turbos and 4 seaters-!?

so back then as arctic cat- they sold alot 4seaters - and now with textron theyre not able??? :-/

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Textron / Arctic Cat really does not know the market. Per RG Arctic Cat does not think their is a current market for a 4 seater and due to their restructuring, it might be awhile before they understand what that market wants. Even though the 4 seat XX is done and ready for production.

But Honda gets it! They just announced their new Talon 4 seater and also the optional aftermarket / factory 165 hp Turbo kit.

It took them less then a year to announce the Talon and now Talon 4, and a turbo kit.

What’s Arctic Cat doing? Losing to the competition! Sadly my guess is Arctic Cat is slowly going on life support. They be sold or just dissolved before they figure it out, Heck it might be to late? They sold 4500 XX’s last year, so it’s not like Arctic Cat is a real threat to the rest of the UTV industry.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Arctic Cat be a big player, and I was waiting for their 4 seater, as I think the XX is the best UTV platform. (Not a huge fan of the Yamaha engine though) A Weber engine would be awesome! But I don’t think I will hold hold on to hope.

Heard that Kawasaki is shooting to release their new machine by the end of the year, or early next year.
Not really, the Honda Talon rumors were out there for a good couple of years. They finally came out, and now they have already gone 4 seat and turbo, all in less than 6 months basically. Good for them.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
That factory race Talon looks really nice with the flowing lines of the cage and what appears to be extended rear arms and wheelbase. If I ever decide to get another SxS, Honda will get a look for sure.

honda.png

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not really, the Honda Talon rumors were out there for a good couple of years. They finally came out, and now they have already gone 4 seat and turbo, all in less than 6 months basically. Good for them.
Not basing time by rumors, but when Honda officially announced the Talon, it been less then a year to announce the Talon 4 and a Turbo option.

And the XX rumors were out for much longer then the Talon rumors, if time is measured by that. Heck RG was driving the XX around Glamis in the open, not hiding it, a year or so before it was officially announced and given a release date.

Fact is Honda is moving forward while Arctic Cat has stopped production and is working with dealers to sell or return last years model machines that are not selling. As long as they are “Restructuring “ there is no way you will see anything new from Arctic Cat. Bummer!

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Not basing time by rumors, but when Honda officially announced the Talon, it been less then a year to announce the Talon 4 and a Turbo option.

And the XX rumors were out for much longer then the Talon rumors, if time is measured by that. Heck RG was driving the XX around Glamis in the open, not hiding it, a year or so before it was officially announced and given a release date.

Fact is Honda is moving forward while Arctic Cat has stopped production and is working with dealers to sell or return last years model machines that are not selling. As long as they are “Restructuring “ there is no way you will see anything new from Arctic Cat. Bummer!
If you think that's a bummer, BRP / Can Am just came out with their stuff today. X3 is now up to 195 hp.......

This is no market to stand pat. If you do, you'll be buried very quickly.

·
Registered
872 Posts
If you think that's a bummer, BRP / Can Am just came out with their stuff today. X3 is now up to 195 hp.......

This is no market to stand pat. If you do, you'll be buried very quickly.
I learned that after I bought my Rzr 800S...I was the shitz for about 6 months...then...

195 hp will waste newbs much quicker.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That factory race Talon looks really nice with the flowing lines of the cage and what appears to be extended rear arms and wheelbase. If I ever decide to get another SxS, Honda will get a look for sure.

View attachment 242365
That is just the 4 seat Honda Talon is race trim with a turbo motor. Basically Honda is coming to race in a Class 10 car with a smaller motor. Once they get the race bugs worked out Honda is going to be a force in the Desert. 6 speed DCT trans in a desert race UTV = mash the throttle across the lake beds and no worry of a belt going boom. I predict once the turbo Honda is released there will be a lot of them in Glamis. The turbo will be 165hp at 8-9lbs of boost.

By the way Can Am just release a X3 RR model that is 195hp.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

I don't see AC being around much longer in the UTV sport market. They dragged there feet too long. A 4 seat model would be do nothing at this point. The only thing that might save them is releasing a turbo model and even then with the lack of aftermarket support I am not sure the interest would be there.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
That is just the 4 seat Honda Talon is race trim with a turbo motor. Basically Honda is coming to race in a Class 10 car with a smaller motor. Once they get the race bugs worked out Honda is going to be a force in the Desert. 6 speed DCT trans in a desert race UTV = mash the throttle across the lake beds and no worry of a belt going boom. I predict once the turbo Honda is released there will be a lot of them in Glamis. The turbo will be 165hp at 8-9lbs of boost.

By the way Can Am just release a X3 RR model that is 195hp.
Those trailing arms look longer to me and the wheel hangs out the back much farther than the stock car. Is that a purpose built frame? In other words, is anything on that car stock?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Honda didn’t release a factory turbo machine. They just released a aftermarket turbo kit. It’s the same kit and company team Honda racing is using, so Honda is just recommending the kit but they are not backing it under warranty. Kind of stupid. Watch the newest sxs blog vid they where there at the release. The Honda guy said that if the kit caused the damage the machine won’t be covered

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't see AC being around much longer in the UTV sport market. They dragged there feet too long. A 4 seat model would be do nothing at this point. The only thing that might save them is releasing a turbo model and even then with the lack of aftermarket support I am not sure the interest would be there.
Unfortunately I have to agree 100%. I believe Arctic Cat already dropped the WildcatX, WildcatX 4 seat and the Trail WildcatX from their 2019 line up. But you can still get a rebadged Bad Boy Buggy Stampede. I can’t imagine they sold many of those?

In the Baja 500 prerun thread it was said that SpeedSXS has yet to build a cut & stretch XX to make a XX4 seater. Yet they claimed to have them built by April 1st. That tells me no one is willing to pay $40K for a XX4. Or the fact that they don’t want to buy a Frankenstein UTV, that again will have no outside support and no resale value.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Those trailing arms look longer to me and the wheel hangs out the back much farther than the stock car. Is that a purpose built frame? In other words, is anything on that car stock?
It is a Honda Talon 4 seater underneath. They may have come up with aftermarket suspension arms and stretched the wheelbase a few inches over the stock 4 seat Talon. The main frame rails have to stay stock as do the suspension pivot points, per the SCORE and BITD rules. The number on the side of the car is not for the unlimited class, but for the pro turbo class.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Unfortunately I have to agree 100%. I believe Arctic Cat already dropped the WildcatX, WildcatX 4 seat and the Trail WildcatX from their 2019 line up. But you can still get a rebadged Bad Boy Buggy Stampede. I can’t imagine they sold many of those?

In the Baja 500 prerun thread it was said that SpeedSXS has yet to build a cut & stretch XX to make a XX4 seater. Yet they claimed to have them built by April 1st. That tells me no one is willing to pay $40K for a XX4. Or the fact that they don’t want to buy a Frankenstein UTV, that again will have no outside support and no resale value.
Seems to me Robby is focusing on racing trucks this year. He is building an Awd truck right now, which is why he has been racing the RPM truck this season. Maybe he races a Speedcat at Vegas to Reno.

I think the 4 seat deal will be on a per order basis. Maybe another company will buy the Wildcat XX and do something with it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts