Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Check out Robby’s Instagram. He flat out rips Arctic Cat!
He sure does. Has to be frustrating knowing he has a wildcat xx that has more hp than the Can Am and better design and no chance of it making to production. Let alone a 4 seater just sitting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
That factory race Talon looks really nice with the flowing lines of the cage and what appears to be extended rear arms and wheelbase. If I ever decide to get another SxS, Honda will get a look for sure.

View attachment 242365
That is just the 4 seat Honda Talon is race trim with a turbo motor. Basically Honda is coming to race in a Class 10 car with a smaller motor. Once they get the race bugs worked out Honda is going to be a force in the Desert. 6 speed DCT trans in a desert race UTV = mash the throttle across the lake beds and no worry of a belt going boom. I predict once the turbo Honda is released there will be a lot of them in Glamis. The turbo will be 165hp at 8-9lbs of boost.

By the way Can Am just release a X3 RR model that is 195hp.
Saw somewhere else that that rendering is gonna be $150k plus scratch built race car with stock suspension pick up points to meet the rules.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Textron didn’t sign the contracts with bass pro shop with the intent of getting out of the business. when bass pro shop agreed to take on the tracker offroad line I’ll guarantee you they got significant commitment from Textron that’s going to prevent Textron from just dropping the offroad division. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Textron and Robby Gordon part ways with Textron building a completely new machine and cutting Robbie Gordon out of it and Robby Gordon would probably be happy with that. I seriously doubt Robby Gordon is incredibly happy with the way Textron has handled all of this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Textron didn’t sign the contracts with bass pro shop with the intent of getting out of the business. when bass pro shop agreed to take on the tracker offroad line I’ll guarantee you they got significant commitment from Textron that’s going to prevent Textron from just dropping the offroad division. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Textron and Robby Gordon part ways with Textron building a completely new machine and cutting Robbie Gordon out of it and Robby Gordon would probably be happy with that. I seriously doubt Robby Gordon is incredibly happy with the way Textron has handled all of this.
I’m sure Textron didn’t sign contracts to buy Artic Cat and change the name to Textron with the intent to change the name back to Artic Cat when sales did not pan out.

When sales don’t pan out for Tracker, Bass Pro will want to drop the dead weight. Textron marketing will then add or change another name.

Which account, i could not find it.
https://www.instagram.com/robbygordon/

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
We will see how that Tracker deal pans out. In a lot of places the only AC dealer is Bass Pro shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
The deal Textron made with Bass Pro was a great business decision for Textron & Bass Pro. One Textron gets a guaranteed purchase order to buy x-amount if units of each model. This gives the Arctic Cat line a huge amount of stability. You know your selling units, vs projecting and requiring dealers to take models they might not be able to move. Two selling to Bass Pro and Bass Pro Private labeling the vehicle removes Textron from having to have and maintain a dealer network & warranty related issues. Textron would only be on the hook for recalls or design issues causing warranty issues. Three partnering with Bass Pro, instantly doubles your dealerships, and you don’t need to manage them. Four, Bass Pro carries responsibility and expense of marketing their own vehicles.

Now you might asked why Bass Pro would want to partner up with Textron? Arctic Cat has been sold in Bass Pro shops for years. So there was a previous relationship. Two, no other UTV manufacture needs to private label there product to sell machines. Polaris, Can Am, Yamaha & even Honda (prior Talon) needed to partner & private label their products to sell them. This is the same reason Arctic Cat wanted to have Robby design a vehicle for them. Polaris & Can Am does not need RG’s help to build & sell machines. When talking to Todd Romano, I mentioned that it would have great if they could have partnered with Honda. He’s the one that said only struggling manufactures are going to come knocking. He wished too that they could have built the XX under Honda.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Another interesting thing I found out. It’s been mentioned several times that the XX was Arctic Cats #1 UTV seller. They sold 4500 in 2018 which compared to all other manufactures is sad. But today I read that Arctic Cat just submitted a recall on all Havocs built between Jan 2018 & April 2019 for front suspension arms breaking. This recall covers all 1700 Havocs sold. Yes that’s right in 16 months they sold 1700 Havocs.

Textron paid $247 million in cash to buy Arctic Cat. Their two biggest sellers sold less then 6500 units total. Do the math, you will quickly see that Arctic Cat will not survive and Textron will not keep a company that can’t turn a profit.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I’m sure Textron didn’t sign contracts to buy Artic Cat and change the name to Textron with the intent to change the name back to Artic Cat when sales did not pan out.

When sales don’t pan out for Tracker, Bass Pro will want to drop the dead weight. Textron marketing will then add or change another name.

https://www.instagram.com/robbygordon/
Not exactly "Flat out ripping" material there.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Another interesting thing I found out. It’s been mentioned several times that the XX was Arctic Cats #1 UTV seller. They sold 4500 in 2018 which compared to all other manufactures is sad. But today I read that Arctic Cat just submitted a recall on all Havocs built between Jan 2018 & April 2019 for front suspension arms breaking. This recall covers all 1700 Havocs sold. Yes that’s right in 16 months they sold 1700 Havocs.

Textron paid $247 million in cash to buy Arctic Cat. Their two biggest sellers sold less then 6500 units total. Do the math, you will quickly see that Arctic Cat will not survive and Textron will not keep a company that can’t turn a profit.

With a little research into GSA contracts i'm sure you would find a Text Ron order or two. They are defense contractors public sales are just a small slice of the pizza :)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
With a little research into GSA contracts i'm sure you would find a Text Ron order or two. They are defense contractors public sales are just a small slice of the pizza :)
More of a reason for them to ditch the UTV/Offroad division and focus on what brings in the money.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I didn’t know Arctic Cat had an Military div? But they all have Military divisions, Are you sure your not just seeing Textron? Textron is in several parts of the Military with their aerospace divisions. Polaris being the biggest Military contractor in the recreational market. The company I work for builds a component that both BRP & Polaris are using, and Polaris wants to use it in a Military application. Whole new can of worms!

The thing is each division of a company is really a separate company under a corporate umbrella. (Aka Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc,) One division can & does support another. But if the UTV division is only selling 6500 units of the two top machines you offer, and guys like Polaris are selling around 65K of just the RZR??

This is just my opinion, but my guess is if within 2 years, they don’t produce a profit. We could be hearing that Textron is selling off the Textron Specialized Vehicle div, maybe keeping the Snow Sled part of Arctic Cat, if it’s performing, or selling it as part of a package. I hope I’m 110% wrong and they fix the business and go huge! I’d love to see the Gen 2 & 3 of the XX.

Greenlee was another Textron company that we work with. It was very profitable, yet Textron sold Greenlee & subsidiary companies last year to Emerson for 810 Million.

BTW I read when doing some searching that Polaris was expected to spend $260 million in just R&D for their recreational division. That’s hard to compete against!

·
Registered
87 Posts
It amazes me how individuals expect a company ( textron) to turn a very failing company (Arctic cat) into a profitable one like Polaris, can am, etc.. in a year and a half. Good luck. Lol. I would think the ceo’s Of textron know that’s not possible and are willing to take losses so the company (arctic cat)so it has time to grow into one. That’s probably why they are under a internal reconstruction right know. Even on the snowmobile side they are doing it. Dealers can’t even get new sleds this year for there show rooms. Be hard for everyone at this time in the industry to over take or equil Polaris. Arctic cat (textron) is pretty much starting over. IMO there hear to stay.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
It amazes me how individuals expect a company ( textron) to turn a very failing company (Arctic cat) into a profitable one like Polaris, can am, etc.. in a year and a half. Good luck. Lol. I would think the ceo’s Of textron know that’s not possible and are willing to take losses so the company (arctic cat)so it has time to grow into one. That’s probably why they are under a internal reconstruction right know. Even on the snowmobile side they are doing it. Dealers can’t even get new sleds this year for there show rooms. Be hard for everyone at this time in the industry to over take or equil Polaris. Arctic cat (textron) is pretty much starting over. IMO there hear to stay.
Honda entered the watercraft market with a great product. The problem was the market was already flooded. Honda pulled out within a few years. Big companies can only take a loss for so long. If they are only selling 6500 units no amount of marketing is going to significantly change that number. When you have Polaris, Can Am, Honda, Yamaha and soon to be Kawi coming out with new models in various segments a small player does not have much of chance. Textron had a chance to attack the market aggressively when the Wildcat XX was introduced and instead took baby steps. The 4 seater should have been ready to roll within 6 months and the turbo model within the following year.

The sport market has plenty of choices and the odd man out is AC/Textron.

The utility market they have no prayer - Polaris, Can Am, Kaw, Honda, Yamaha, John Deere and others own the market.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just saw that too. No idea what the suit is based n as you need to sign up & pay to read it. It looks like it might be multiple things, as there are lots of exhibits.

I did notice that the 2020 XX no longer has the RG Pro suspension decal on it. Also Robby Gordon is not mentioned on any of the literature like previously. I wonder if his contract with Arctic Cat is up in 2020? How would this effect his strangle hold on the patents? Could this be why they have postponed the release of the XX4 and other model XX’s?

Was told by Todd Romano a while back that a Rock Crawler version, turbo version & a factory 72 inch version was planned.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If Gordon is suing Textron...I would believe it- this has been his M.O. since he started to make his racing a business.
Textron should pay him off and move on...Artic Cat probably expected this when they went into bed with him. Textron probably had no idea when they took over...or had their fingers crossed.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts