Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Black Wildcat on order and my first mod will be a Rigid E-Series Light Bar (which I'll be purchasing from Addictive Desert Designs here in AZ). My question is, can I run a 40 inch light bar from the top of frame? Or is a 40 inch not going to fit?

For fun and to give me an idea of how a light bar would look, I photo-shopped a light bar on a black Wildcat (so proportion might not be exact, but gives me an idea at least).

arcticcat.jpg

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think it was MCX put a 40 incher on theirs to check out let me see if I can find the post for ya sec!

Here you go thats a 42" light bar on top courtesy of MCX.

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
A 40" Rigid bar will fit IF you weld the brackets to the chassis. If you plan on using clamp-on mounts, it will not work. We mocked up one of the 40" E series bars on our test vehicle. We also just built some brackets that position an SR series 10" Rigid bar directly above the grill opening on our Wildcat. It looks slick! I'll post some pics tomorrow.
To the OP, it sounds like you have a good lighting source already. If we can be of any service, don't hesitate to call us. We try to stock a good selection of Rigid products that work on SxS vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JackRabbit, you are the man! From the pic, it looks like it just barely fits my standard. I think 1 or 2 more inches and it's too wide for the bar on the cage. I'll have my local guys at A.D.D. slap it on, and if it's just too much, I'll downsize, but I don't think that will be the case. Cant wait!!!

I've been out at night in the desert with one of Addictive Desert Designs trucks which was running several light bars. I think they had 2 40 inch bars on the bumper and a 50 inch over the cab, and the lighting was absolutely amazing!!! For comparison, after 30 minutes out offroading, we shut off the Light Bars and went to the factory high beams of this new truck, and it was absolutely depressing. A light bar is a must if you night ride!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
s2k1, I sure appreciate it, that's great info!!! I look forward to your pics. Rigid is an awesome company, and makes a great product. I live just 3 miles down the road from them. :)

My late Christmas present is the 40 inch Rigid Light Bar. Wanted to wait for the Wildcat to get in first before I purchase it... uh, I mean when Santa Claus gets it for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's my first mod too....except I got a 40" XD Series with spot flood combo from WattEdge. It looks exactly like rigid but much less expensive. Saved $400 to put towards the clutch mod from airdam.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I am thinking about a wattedge but I can't get any lumen ratings! Oh the horror.:soapbox:

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol.... Lumens.. My friends ask me the same thing. My response is "it's F'en bright" then flash them when they look at it. That's the best thing about LED's.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ya but see my buddy has an xp and he has to be outdone you do not understand. He is my best friend but hes a rub it in your face @$^% too so lol. MUST HAVE MORE LUMENS just for the sake of having them :}

He would say something along the lines of ahh that light is so cute maybe one day it will grow up..argh

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
For as fast as I like riding in the dunes I think a nice fat 40 inch bar would do the trick. Coming up with another 2500 ish dollars to get paddles and a light(really no need for one without the other!) might take a little planning heh.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I think it was MCX put a 40 incher on theirs to check out let me see if I can find the post for ya sec!

Here you go thats a 42" light bar on top courtesy of MCX.
Whatever LED bar that will fit just between the verticle roll bars and the top of the cage is what I would want. Like right across where is says MCX in the pic, between the bars so that it would be under a roof.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
seems like it would be better protected slung under the roll cage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts