Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 wildcat 4 1000. I have 28-10R14 STI Xcomp radial 10 ply on my SXS now. I have stock rims on it currently which are 14x6.5 front and 14x8 on the rear. Could I put 14x8 all the way around since I want to buy new rims or do I need the two different sizes? Also what offset would I use to stay close to stock? 5/3? I don't want to have to use spacers or anything so trying to figure out what to do. I would like to run the same rim sizes all the way around so I can rotate them just don't know what size I can run.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would go with a 14x7 5/2 offset on all fours. No spacers needed and rims are interchangeable front to rear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with a 14x7 5/2 offset on all fours. No spacers needed and rims are interchangeable front to rear.
Thank you for the quick reply. What tire pressure would you be running. I do a lot of gravel road riding and some trail riding also. Rides a little rougher with 10 ply tires

·
Registered
275 Posts
On my 14x I ran 30x10 mongrels 10 ply tires with bead lock Rims and ran tire pressure between 8 and 12 psi depending on terrain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi wayfer I'm new to the forum. I have a 14 x as well. Was looking at going from stock tires and rims to some tusk beadlock rims 14x7. With 30x10 tusk terribites. Is there anything I need to do to accommodate this setup? Do I need wheel spacers? Are these good tires? All reviews Ive been reading and watching say they are good. Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Iceman Ive been reading that when you goto larger tires you have to change the clutch. Do you know what you do and where to get the parts to do that for 30" tires?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive been reading that you have to change some clutch parts when you go with bigger tires. Where can I get these parts and how do I know what to buy? Thanks again

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2013 wildcat 4 1000. I have 28-10R14 STI Xcomp radial 10 ply on my SXS now. I have stock rims on it currently which are 14x6.5 front and 14x8 on the rear. Could I put 14x8 all the way around since I want to buy new rims or do I need the two different sizes? Also what offset would I use to stay close to stock? 5/3? I don't want to have to use spacers or anything so trying to figure out what to do. I would like to run the same rim sizes all the way around so I can rotate them just don't know what size I can run.
Running 14x7‘s on all 4, 0 offset. Rotate tires with no concerns.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 2015 4x with bead locks and want to keep my rims. They are currently size of 27x9 R14 Front and 27x11 R14 Rear. Can I run Kanati Mongrel's on all 4 size 28x10 R14?

·
Registered
151 Posts
FYI, I am not sure of the factory rear offset but that spacing will not work on the front if you have an SATV lift. They rub the suspension. I am running 14x7 zero offsets front and rear which gives me a little wider track in the rear.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I ran 30” mongrels with the dalton clutch kit zero weights and it was the perfect set up. Necessary no but improvement yes.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
...the standard setup has wider rims in back- when you use same rimsize allaround(without spacers rear) isnt the front wider then rear!?? :- ()

1 - 20 of 22 Posts