Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gives? It's hard to roll a RZR S or XP unless you are doing something extreme (steep hill get is sideways) or stupid fish tailing at high speed and hit a hole.

I know I would push it but sheesh its a demo

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well they reps that are riding with you are keeping the consumers under control? But the dealers I take it are being allowed to drive by themselves. So they are pushing it to the limit I am sure so they can tell customers what to expect. Out in the dunes it is a little easier to roll with the Razorbacks and stuff. But the way the roll was explained to me was a bad approach to a jump and not really knowing how to drive.

Just remember...............................Anything can be rolled it just take the will to do it, or the lack of knowledge??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Got to agree with Wildman, saw this happen in the sand buggy industry. People with money and no off road experience bought high powered rails and went out and hurt/killed themselves or someone else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Agreed with Wildman, we were the first to drive at the Barstow intro and 20 of the Editors drove them hard in excess of 60 mph in the whoops and everywhere else and didn't even come close to a rollover. The cat is stable. Usually when you drop a cat in lands on it's feet. :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
At Barstow, we were told a member of the press tried to stop for a photo op at the apex of a high-mark on a side hill... didn't work out so well. Hardly the machine's fault, though! During our demo, for those that were there, we blew the second turn at the end of the "rear straight" set of whoops, got in all sideways, ran wide, traversing a rut in the process. If there was ever a recipe for a rollover that is it, and she was a stable as a rock. Zero drama. You've gotta be trying awfully hard to roll this thing!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well as I have said before, I have seen someone roll an M1A1 tanks before and they weigh 67tons!!! So anything can end up on it's top it just depends on how hard you want to try.
Another thing to remember is this, the Wildcat has a kickass suspension that soaks up the bumps and has been advertized as such so the magazine writers and others are pushing these things to their limit and beyond. I am sure some of these people are getting in too deep so to speak....................Doing 60MPH +thru some whoops and the rear gets a little loose and they don't know how to keep control of it.

I will be the first to say that as smooth as these things are they can get you into trouble if your not ready or able to handle them.

·
Registered
592 Posts
There were people driving these at Windrock that probably never rode a 4-wheeler before. If you put young kids with no experience, your going to see crashes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like the suspension is so good that people are driving it beyond their skills, never thought it was the machine's fault. My biggest issue is what color to order Black or Greeen - I would love to see them in person to make my choice.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome pics - thank you Wildman. Seriously considering the Green (always wanted a metallic green SxS) only concern is the chipping as decribed n here somewhere.

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you look at the damage to the paint from the rollover I wouldn't be too worried about it. The paint after 4 weeks of people driving these things in all kinds of terrain were great.
Here is that picture of the damaged paint.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Actually this thread is mistitled...It should read "Demo rollover rides" In the preproduction stage, these are simply
"Demonstration Rollovers" not to be confused with "Real World customer rollovers!!!:cool:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow that picture settles it - Green for me! I don't plan on rolling over and if I do I could live with that little of damage. I was under the impression that it was flaking off

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nope and I can't tell you how long that Wildcat was pinched and upside down too to even cause this damage. I am going Green and have no worries about the paint.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
as crazy as it seems a cat automotive style paint holds up better than most. we have seen some abused stuff here at the shop and the paint style fenders seems to hold up better. especially for those who ride trails you know how the stick scrathces all down the side on the plastic shows. on the a cats it still shows but not near as bad. now the powerwasher on the other hand its been known to flake some here and there>>>lol

G

·
As others have noted, anything can be rolled. The AC should be more stable than anything SxS on the market. However, you still have to use some common sense to keep yourself out of trouble.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We have a dealer here in town, who took a 4 seater out to demo, and they rolled it and totaled it, the shop mechanic bought it from the insurance company, rebuilt it and promptly took it out and rolled it again! He was not an experienced driver...I felt sorry for the machine! Idiots not knowing how to operate a turn at high speed, wrecking it twice! Poor Kitty!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts