Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know where your cat is. It's in Fresno at a dealer with mine. Artic Cat sent 10 to this dealer with only four pre sold and we are sitting waiting for ours. Talked to them yesterday and today about picking one up, but their price OTD is more and with the fuel to go get it will cost me about a grand more. Don't think I am willing to pay that much more, mine may come in soon and I would hate to have spent the extra $$$. My dealer in Elk Grove doesn't have a firm delivery date, I believe your dealer is in Rancho Cordova, talked to them yesterday and they said they should get their first load by the end of Feb. I just don't understand why we are waiting after putting deposits down months ago, and these units are available to anyone.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
well thats b.s. my deposit was just a fraud if this is true...but before i start swearing and calling people out. i will wait til the last of febuary as that's what i was told it should be here, when i made the deposit in november. still feel early deposit should get first dibs, period! and my dealer still has no for sure dates for delivery, and i am getting impatient....again....

Reactions: Foxfire

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
well thats b.s. my deposit was just a fraud if this is true...but before i start swearing and calling people out. i will wait til the last of febuary as that's what i was told it should be here, when i made the deposit in november. still feel early deposit should get first dibs, period! and my dealer still has no for sure dates for delivery, and i am getting impatient....again....
I agree with you completely, of course that was just a guess on my part but it sure looks to be the case.

:(

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldn't agree with you more. My patience is running out with these kind of tactics!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I know where your cat is. It's in Fresno at a dealer with mine. Artic Cat sent 10 to this dealer with only four pre sold and we are sitting waiting for ours. Talked to them yesterday and today about picking one up, but their price OTD is more and with the fuel to go get it will cost me about a grand more. Don't think I am willing to pay that much more, mine may come in soon and I would hate to have spent the extra $$$. My dealer in Elk Grove doesn't have a firm delivery date, I believe your dealer is in Rancho Cordova, talked to them yesterday and they said they should get their first load by the end of Feb. I just don't understand why we are waiting after putting deposits down months ago, and these units are available to anyone.
Well mother effing mother two balled piece of $hit sandwich effing rat bastard butt sniffing cockroach eating good for jack ass nothin EFFERS.

Tourettes kicks in mighty bad when I get pissed. That dealer would not happened to be Clawsons, would it?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Maybe one of the dealers could answer this for sure, but I thought some dealers also put in their own $500 deposits so that they had units to sell. I know one of the dealers said early on that they had pre-orders for 6 units and put their own deposits on 4 more to get a full load of 10 delivered. Maybe I read that wrong, but I could swear that is what they were saying. I am guessing that the others are getting shipped to either dealers who have a full load, or where there are a couple close proximity dealers that make up a full load. If they tried to deliver these things in the order that they received deposits, it would be even slower getting them out. Can you imagine a truck with the first 10 preorders on it crisscrossing the country just to deliver them?? And then the next 10 could go out. It just wouldn't make sense. I am guessing that the dealers with just a couple preorders are getting pushed down the line and they are delivering first to dealers with full load preorders. Or, they could just be randomly delivering these things with no plan at all...............

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those interested, I was told they received both green and black.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Yes, Its Clawson, talk to Tim to get this info.
I know them well. They were my sponsors in the 90's. Darlene Kawasaki runs the offroad division. I would not have a problem picking one up there at a reasonable price but I was hoping to start off fresh up here with a dealer that I can begin a rapport with for the inevitable warranty work as I beat the shit out of this thing.

I'll call my dealer tomorrow and see if I can't put some pressure on them to get AC to cough up some explanation why there are units unclaimed while preorders are not filled. Give me a pm and I'll give you my cell. I'm thinking we can get two of those cats on a dealer transfer. Are you tied in with your dealer? Knowing both dealers (Sac & Fresno) might get something done. Thanks for crapping on my 1st day back from vacation.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe one of the dealers could answer this for sure, but I thought some dealers also put in their own $500 deposits so that they had units to sell. I know one of the dealers said early on that they had pre-orders for 6 units and put their own deposits on 4 more to get a full load of 10 delivered. Maybe I read that wrong, but I could swear that is what they were saying. I am guessing that the others are getting shipped to either dealers who have a full load, or where there are a couple close proximity dealers that make up a full load. If they tried to deliver these things in the order that they received deposits, it would be even slower getting them out. Can you imagine a truck with the first 10 preorders on it crisscrossing the country just to deliver them?? And then the next 10 could go out. It just wouldn't make sense. I am guessing that the dealers with just a couple preorders are getting pushed down the line and they are delivering first to dealers with full load preorders. Or, they could just be randomly delivering these things with no plan at all...............
Yes, I have considered this also, but my dealer told me they had ordered ten when I put my deposit down.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Good points, dent. I don't know why I was holding hope that things would be done a little more ethically. I was under the impression (intended, certainly) that each deposit belonged to an actual end consumer. Seems pretty stupid to run all over a country with demos only to have the customer deposit get backseated by dealer conglomerates.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts

I think mine was one of the first delivered(2/6) and my dealer only ordered 4 plus 3 preorders. All 3 of the preorders came on the same truck. So maybe they are just drawing dealers names out of a hat for delivery order.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't know why I was holding hope that things would be done a little more ethically. I was under the impression (intended, certainly) that each deposit belonged to an actual end consumer.
That's how the program was initially set forth. Some may recall that I was like a broken record asking if people had signed the A-C Early Ride form, and buyer after buyer said they did not, whether it was from Large Mouth Bass Pro or others I don't know. I do know that it ticked me off that other dealers were not playing by the rules that were very clearly laid out at the outset, and that A-C apparently enabled it. Guess I am just a naive fool who actually follows policy.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
That's how the program was initially set forth. Some may recall that I was like a broken record asking if people had signed the A-C Early Ride form, and buyer after buyer said they did not, whether it was from Large Mouth Bass Pro or others I don't know. I do know that it ticked me off that other dealers were not playing by the rules that were very clearly laid out at the outset, and that A-C apparently enabled it. Guess I am just a naive fool who actually follows policy.
I signed my early ride form when I put my deposit down... guess that why mines been delivered

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I appreciate your insight Copper. I honestly don't know if I signed anything. They took my card and it was charged. They sent me a purchase order copy. It will be disappointing to learn that Cat enabled dealers to cheat the spirit of the pre-orders. I will say this: If I ordered a new, yet-to-be-released high demand sports car and, in doing so placed a large deposit to secure my spot on the delivery list but heard that dealers ordered all the stock for flooring, leaving me waiting... I would be pissed. I mention this because I DID order a new SS Camaro a year before it was released and was able to track every bit of its progress, including the 6 day build on the assembly line. I would be upset if it then went to a dealer where it sat on their lot with a 20% markup.

I'm going to reserve judgment until I find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I appreciate your insight Copper. I honestly don't know if I signed anything. They took my card and it was charged. They sent me a purchase order copy. It will be disappointing to learn that Cat enabled dealers to cheat the spirit of the pre-orders. I will say this: If I ordered a new, yet-to-be-released high demand sports car and, in doing so placed a large deposit to secure my spot on the delivery list but heard that dealers ordered all the stock for flooring, leaving me waiting... I would be pissed. I mention this because I DID order a new SS Camaro a year before it was released and was able to track every bit of its progress, including the 6 day build on the assembly line. I would be upset if it then went to a dealer where it sat on their lot with a 20% markup.My story is much the same, called the dealer to get on the list,charged deposit to my card to expedite the deal, they sent me an email copy of the purchase order, and never asked me to sign anything. They told me I was #2 on their list and I should see delivery before years end. I also will call tomorrow to get more info!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Sandman. Mine sat on a truck container for 5 days before it finally shipped. Shipment #81410, container #221209. Left Thief River Falls, Minn on the 15th. I am betting that it will be here by Monday. There will be another green one left at my dealer, unclaimed. I cannot imagine that yours would be excluded from this shipment. In fact, I think mine is calling yours a pussy right now as it sits on top of it :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts