Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man with all have saw, it seem the wildcat has alot of problem to start with. Low power, belts, clutch. It makes it hard to know what to do. where most I hear with the razor is the suspenion is the problem. I trail ride very little dunes but I sure like the looks and suspenion but if it,s a dog with first year trouble I don,t know what to think. help

·
Registered
13 Posts
man with all have saw, it seem the wildcat has alot of problem to start with. Low power, belts, clutch. It makes it hard to know what to do. where most I hear with the razor is the suspenion is the problem. I trail ride very little dunes but I sure like the looks and suspenion but if it,s a dog with first year trouble I don,t know what to think. help
From reading all the new info today, there does not seem to be a problem with low power. Apparently the power output on the dyno is close. That is why all the races on flat terrain are so close. However, there definately seems to be a problem with clutching, which probably also affected the belt. So $ 1,200 for a WCD on the Wildcat or $ 2000 for new shocks on the XP. And the WCD is probably not needed unless you are duning. I'm still up in the air about which I will be buying. More than likely, I will pick great factory supension over duning ability since I'm all the way over in Maryland and will probably never get to experience the fun of riding dunes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
From reading all the new info today, there does not seem to be a problem with low power. Apparently the power output on the dyno is close. That is why all the races on flat terrain are so close. However, there definately seems to be a problem with clutching, which probably also affected the belt. So $ 1,200 for a WCD on the Wildcat or $ 2000 for new shocks on the XP. And the WCD is probably not needed unless you are duning. I'm still up in the air about which I will be buying. More than likely, I will pick great factory supension over duning ability since I'm all the way over in Maryland and will probably never get to experience the fun of riding dunes.
There are dunes in michigan. They are'nt as big but still a good time. Not all dunes are on the West coast.:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 08 Rhino now and would keep it but want more power and better supension. I know there are places the other will not fit so I would keep it for those times

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are dunes in michigan. They are'nt as big but still a good time. Not all dunes are on the West coast.:cool:
I've been looking at a trip up there. About a 11 hour drive for me so I need to convice some buddies to make the trip. Looks like a fun place to ride!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Just go with the Wildcat. Since you are coming from a Rhino, you will think its a damn Nascar compared to that turd. You can always go with the wet clutch delete later if you feel you need to get more of its power to the ground. I test drove one, and for most riding it will work just fine completely stock............

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
there are only a few cats out right now and unless im missing something . i havent heard anything about belt issues and it def isnt that much underpowered compared to xp on a dyno. and the clutch isnt a problem it just another way to get more out of it. anyway ride both xp and a cat before you base your purchase off of whatever someone else thinks.

good luck

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just go with the Wildcat. Since you are coming from a Rhino, you will think its a damn Nascar compared to that turd. You can always go with the wet clutch delete later if you feel you need to get more of its power to the ground. I test drove one, and for most riding it will work just fine completely stock............
Dentless, by your recomendation above it sounds like your still a fan of the WC. Glad to hear that. Your posts lately sounded like you were on the fence about this ride. Hope the factory or the aftermarket steps up thier game to get this thing out front where it belongs.

Reactions: pawnman

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Dentless, by your recomendation above it sounds like your still a fan of the WC. Glad to hear that. Your posts lately sounded like you were on the fence about this ride. Hope the factory or the aftermarket steps up thier game to get this thing out front where it belongs.
I have always been a fan. Just a little disappointed lately. I have gone back and fourth a little bit, but I am going to stick with the Wildcat. I have only owned Arctic Cat UTVs. I have had my share of problems, but like being different. I could just buy and XP, probably be happy and fit in with the rest of the sheep. But what fun would that be???

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have always been a fan. Just a little disappointed lately. I have gone back and fourth a little bit, but I am going to stick with the Wildcat. I have only owned Arctic Cat UTVs. I have had my share of problems, but like being different. I could just buy and XP, probably be happy and fit in with the rest of the sheep. But what fun would that be???
I hear ya. Always been a black sheep myself. Like being the underdog, means more when you smoke their ass!:D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Wildcat. I want suspension, the power steering is nice and I think the motor will be okay with clutch work. I have no intentions for a motor swap I am not there in life yet!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts