Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew the New Years trip to Dove Springs would be wet so I decided to add a windshield. I had the Ryfab on my RZR and i liked it, and Rocky Mountain had it for a good price with free shipping so I went for it.

With the Speed Roof and Lightbar Brackets I had to modify it a little bit but it worked out really well. I never had a wiper on the RZR and that f-ed me a couple times so got the hand wiper with it this time. The wiper is wedged between the windshield and the front of the roof pretty tight but it did what I needed although an electric wiper with squirters would be better. I'll add 2 electric wipers and washer fluid squirters for the next wet trip. Probably next year.

IMG_20191228_104833.jpg
This was before the mud fest

IMG_20191228_215747.jpg
This was the end of a 90 mile ride

It was less than 30* when we got back and the whole car was covered in ice.

I was wearing a hoodie and no gloves the whole day.

·
Premium Member
7,560 Posts
hey crawlr, our ryfab windshield is boxed inside our garage in colorado for us so we won't see it until may 2020...is there any modification needed if one has two seizmik side mirrors along with a textron rearview mirror?...we do have the textron full aluminum roof so we may need spacers on the upper front roll cage as well...looks great on your rig...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DeanTeck - The windshield is spaced out from the roll cage about 1/2" so the mirrors should fit behind it. Mine do. At the top the frame slips under the top tube of the roll cage except for a tab in the center where the V-bars come together. If your roof stops at the front tube you should be good.

NDHotbodies - I made a plug for the scoop when I had a rear window because the air would go through the scoop and right down your back. I did not have the rear window or the plug for the scoop on this trip and I didn't need them.

·
Premium Member
7,560 Posts
kevin, the bottom frame of the windshield swings open but the windshield itself doesn't move...you can check it out at ryfab's site...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I installed a Ryfab windshield on my 2018 xx last winter. I have a cloth roof and 2 siezmik side mirrors. It fit well and was good until it warmed up. The open bottom frame doesn’t let in enough air to keep you cool or the dust out in warm weather. I modified mine by putting hinges on the top and a small winch to open it. Now works great in all temperatures.

·
Premium Member
7,560 Posts
I installed a Ryfab windshield on my 2018 xx last winter. I have a cloth roof and 2 siezmik side mirrors. It fit well and was good until it warmed up. The open bottom frame doesn’t let in enough air to keep you cool or the dust out in warm weather. I modified mine by putting hinges on the top and a small winch to open it. Now works great in all temperatures.
pics would be great...

·
Premium Member
7,560 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Because it is above horizontal when open all the way it funnels more air into the cab than without it. The hinges are bolted into existing holes in the windshield frame and are easily removed. I put stops on the lower hinged portion because it came up too far when partially opened and blocked the view. The window is heavy enough that it doesn’t bounce on rough going, but wouldn’t want to do jumps.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is it easy to install/remove? thinking if is, I can use it in winter then remove for the two months in summer..
There are brackets that mount with the cage bolts at the front. The windshield mounts to those brackets and has a couple clamps at the top. I can have it off in five minutes.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you get the side and door windows?
I have the SpeedSXS window nets. They actually do a really good job of slowing the air flow down in the cab, with and without the windshield

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey Crawlr, I just ordered the ryfab windshield I have the speed roof but I don’t have the speed light bar mounts, am I going to need to modify anything to get it to fit and does it fit under the front of the roof. Thanks

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Crawlr, I just ordered the ryfab windshield I have the speed roof but I don’t have the speed light bar mounts, am I going to need to modify anything to get it to fit and does it fit under the front of the roof. Thanks
I only had to make room for the lightbar mount so you should be fine without modifying anything. The roof doesn't touch the windshield frame but there isn't much room for the wiper if you are adding one.

I just wedged the wiper under the roof since the light bar covers it and you can't see it.

IMG_20200111_174458350.jpg

You might want to find a lower profile wiper

1 - 19 of 19 Posts