Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just got Home from Glamis. I met up with Wabbit on Sat morn. Wabbit with his Wildcat and his friend, Zane with his XP, came over to our camp and took me and my sister for a ride. I jumped in the Cat with Wabbit, and my sister in the XP with Zane.We left camp and head out thru the small dunes near the washes. I was totaly impressed with the way the Cat transitioned over the dunes, and soaked up the ruts and whoops. We headed out of the small dunes into some bigger dunes to the south east of Oldsmobile. Wabbit followed his buddy, Zane (which I think is short for INZANE, lol). The Cat had noooo problem keepin up with the XP. Infact Wabbit had to back off a number of times to keep a little seperation between us, and not because Zane was dogging it. We did bottom out a few times on some of the g-outs, partly due to Wabbit driving it like he stole it, and part to having my 200 lb butt in the car, but nothing a few clicks stiffer on the rear shocks wouldn't fix.

I don't know if it was the sand conditions, still pretty wet after a 2 day down poor earlier in the week, or if maybe Wabbit had a little too much air in the rear tires, but we were doing a TON of sliding thru the turns, and getting mad wheel spin, but then again...Wabbit was trying to break the sound barrier. Wabbit has 9 paddle scats in the rear, with V- rolls up front. Anyway befor I knew it we were into the big bowls, behind Olds, just to the south of K-2 where the cat felt like it was totaly in its element. Some of you who know the dunes, know those are some pretty good size bowls back there. After a good 30/40 minutes, we stopped for a break. My sister and I switched rides, and we headed back to the washes. Zane has a couple grand in Elka shocks on his XP, but even with that, the XP doesn't hold a candle to the Cat suspention wise. The XP did have better bottom end performance, and Zane didn't seem to mind launching it off the top on a few dunes. But the mid range,and top end performance were pretty much the same.

I know the big question is " how did it do on the hill, with the WCD ?". Wabbit had not hooked up with Adam at this point, so his clutch had not been adjusted yet (could explain some of the bottom end difference). He didn't want to do any hill climbs untill Adam had had a chance to get the clutch dialed in, even though some of the dunes we were hitting pretty much constituted hill climbing. Wabbit did say he ad taken it up Olds on Friday, and had no problem keeping with Zanes XP. After the wild ride Wabbit and Zane tooks us on, I can honestly say, the Cat is an excellent duner, and if the Cat doesnt do it for you, then buy a sand car instead. I can also say with all honesty..........Wabbit is a forking nut, but one helluva nice guy.

Mike thanks again, to you and Zane for the wild ride.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's awesome! Thanks for the good info and comparison. Sounds like the WCD just might be all that is needed. Can't wait to hear how Rabbit says it performed after they dialed in the clutch. Its the million dollar question!! Or at least $16,599 question..............

·
Registered
945 Posts
Excellent wright up Dirtydawg....sounds like you and your Sis had a lot of fun riding around with and hanging around with the nutty Wabbit and Inzane!!! Thank you for your in site.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Nice write up!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts