Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started with a blown out belt and putting it back together on the trail something wasn’t right turned into a broken shift cable . Now that has all been replaced but now as soon as I shift into gear it shuts down the engine I came to the conclusion that the secondary bolt is over tightening because when I would loosen it up it would allow me to shift in to gear without dying. Now behind the second plate on the secondary there is a plastic piece that is screwed on and the clutch plate is actually digging into it . Am I missing some sort of spacer or does anybody have any idea on why when I torque down the secondary bolt to spec it is over tightening the belt and making the back plate grind into the plastic. I appreciate any help thank you. The picture is plastic piece behind the plate that is being grounded into.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
was there any spacers/washers on the shaft behind the secondary? also, do you have the right belt? a 2013 belt (wet clutch) is wider then a 2013.5 belt.. just a little wider, but can cause your rig to shut down or move without giving it gas..

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It all started with a blown out belt and putting it back together on the trail something wasn’t right turned into a broken shift cable . Now that has all been replaced but now as soon as I shift into gear it shuts down the engine I came to the conclusion that the secondary bolt is over tightening because when I would loosen it up it would allow me to shift in to gear without dying. Now behind the second plate on the secondary there is a plastic piece that is screwed on and the clutch plate is actually digging into it . Am I missing some sort of spacer or does anybody have any idea on why when I torque down the secondary bolt to spec it is over tightening the belt and making the back plate grind into the plastic. I appreciate any help thank you. The picture is plastic piece behind the plate that is being grounded into.
...so?? whats up!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts