Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was looking into why my clutch cover had a gouge in it and noticed that the Input Shaft has about .030" of play, in and out. I'm hoping that is normal and not the cause of my belts blowing so frequently. I'm thinking the Input Shaft would be real close to the same on all years, so hopefully one of you have noticed if yours does or does not have any play in that shaft.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tom

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
its normal , my x brand new had it when I picked it up - not sure why its got it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its normal , my x brand new had it when I picked it up - not sure why its got it.
Thanks for confirming that you noticed it on yours too! I've known it to be the case on car and truck transmissions, so I figured it is probably normal. But, wanted to make sure before I thought it was good to go for another trip out to the dunes.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Gee, sounds like an "automatic belt alignment" feature... I'd expect the marketing guys to puff about that like they did on the SLD.:cool:

Reactions: ACME Wildcat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok got a question behind the secondary clutch there is a seal and bearing for the input shaft can you change the bearing with out pulling the trans and splitting it
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nobody ever done this before or have i would like to know if it can be done to get the bearing out without pulling the tranny out of machine its the input shaft bearing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts