Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here actually im new to the whole sxs scene. i just need some help on deciding either the wildcat trail or the rzr 570. im coming from a kfx700 i need the extra seat to ride my gf around lol. the wildcat seems to be the better choice but everyone keeps telling me the break im not ready to buy something that going to leave on the trail. has anyone's wildcat trail broken ? is the belt reliable on these things and if not is field repair easy. i know the rzr belts fail too but they can be fixed in the field pretty easily. i even called on dealer and they told me they were no longer dealing with arctic cat because they are such a hassle is this true? also i have to drive 100 miles to pick this thing up which isnt a problem but there are rzr dealers all around here temping me at every corner.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I had the same questions. Everyone I spoke to said that Arctic Cat was far superior to Polaris in terms of durability and reliability. Poke around here and it's not bad but go on RZR forums and people are crying about broken machines constantly. As far as value and performance between the RZR and the Trail, the Trail wins by a mile.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
502-863-0920. My name is Mark. We know both machines inside and out. Buy something here or somewhere else, but if you call I will walk you through every detail of both machines.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Wildcat Trail just came out, so I seriously doubt there has been that many (if any) belts broken. For you to change out the belt on a RZR, you have to remove the seats to get to the belt cover. I've seen a belt change on a RZR and for the most part it is fairly easy to change. It's just those durn seats are in the way.

While every vehicle (no matter which brand) will have it's share of issues, it's been my experience that alot of it depends on how the machine is used. I had asked a local Polaris dealer about the belt issues people were having with the Polaris RZR's and he told me that a large part of it was people wanting to run the machine in High while they should have been in Low when it comes to rock climbing, really steep hills, and also towing anything. Some people though think they can just fly up and/or across a rock garden like some of the bigger trail rigs, but you can' t do that with a SXS and not expect something to break. Same should apply whether it's a RZR or Wildcat Trail.

As for service, that's totally your call. I don't trust any Polaris dealer around where I live. There is only one Wildcat dealer in my area and I have been fortunate to have great service with them in past machines that I have bought.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i got a quote from a dealer 12,294.94 out the door I think i may pull the trigger on the wildcat trail.

·
Registered
327 Posts
ok i got a quote from a dealer 12,294.94 out the door I think i may pull the trigger on the wildcat trail.
I have a 570... and I am a HUGE 570 fan. I had an 800 and an 800s and a 900xp as well.

The 570 is hard to beat as "bang for the buck" goes. We have enjoyed ours basically maintenance free for 500 miles... does need the rear outter bushings now tho. Not wore out...but I like for my buggies to stay nice and tight. I also orderd a belt to change out too... just in case.

Now... with all that said. Performance wise... the Trail is superior. (I could tell that on the little Demo ride we took at Wind Rock.)

I'm planning on giving the Trail a try myself.
I have called (3) dealers... and no one around me has any yet. :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Wildcat Trail just came out, so I seriously doubt there has been that many (if any) belts broken. For you to change out the belt on a RZR, you have to remove the seats to get to the belt cover. I've seen a belt change on a RZR and for the most part it is fairly easy to change. It's just those durn seats are in the way.

While every vehicle (no matter which brand) will have it's share of issues, it's been my experience that alot of it depends on how the machine is used. I had asked a local Polaris dealer about the belt issues people were having with the Polaris RZR's and he told me that a large part of it was people wanting to run the machine in High while they should have been in Low when it comes to rock climbing, really steep hills, and also towing anything. Some people though think they can just fly up and/or across a rock garden like some of the bigger trail rigs, but you can' t do that with a SXS and not expect something to break. Same should apply whether it's a RZR or Wildcat Trail.

As for service, that's totally your call. I don't trust any Polaris dealer around where I live. There is only one Wildcat dealer in my area and I have been fortunate to have great service with them in past machines that I have bought.
Sometimes it would help if you knew what you were talking about before the talk starts to fly. You do not need to remove the seats to change the belt on the 570. It as easy as any side x side out there to change the belt. Now that we got that out of the way. I have owned two razors a 800 and a 570 and they were both real nice. I have since sold them both. If I were in the market for that size I would defiantly get the trail. I think it is the best deal out there and I guess they run real well also. I do think that the Polaris would be my last choice of brand right now.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The trail one ups everything on a polaris right now. They are the top dog. They fixed the worst of polaris and improved on everything else. Now polaris will come back with something sometime maybe soon maybe a year or so out. But right now in my opinion the trail is the best machine you or anybody could spend their money on today. Accessories is the only hold up right now and it will improve day by day. And I say that becuase some will make that argument. (I already bought my tires and rims. Ordered my roof and winch mount. Now just waiting for some one to make a bolt on 2" lift and maybe dalton or someone to make adjustable primary weights) I love my 2 trails. And would only consider a 570 if it was 8500 or 9000 each

·
Registered
174 Posts
Having looked at the 570 for almost a year to the point of allready having bought a roof lol. I have a friend who has a wildcat and he told me to wait that the trail was coming. Im so glad I did. Took a test ride at windrock and wouldn't even consider a 570 now. With a trail you donnt have to buy doors right out of the box, you don't have to replace the shocks on like on the 570 (read the huge amount about this on the rzr threads). I have been dealing with Mark at MLS and I will be buying from him within the next month and I can tell you he will give you a NO BULLSHIT assesment of the two. MLS is a very customer oriented dealership and its very obvious. I'd call him even if you don't buy from him you will get straightforward information to make up your own mind.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The trail one ups everything on a polaris right now. They are the top dog. They fixed the worst of polaris and improved on everything else. Now polaris will come back with something sometime maybe soon maybe a year or so out. But right now in my opinion the trail is the best machine you or anybody could spend their money on today. Accessories is the only hold up right now and it will improve day by day. And I say that becuase some will make that argument. (I already bought my tires and rims. Ordered my roof and winch mount. Now just waiting for some one to make a bolt on 2" lift and maybe dalton or someone to make adjustable primary weights) I love my 2 trails. And would only consider a 570 if it was 8500 or 9000 each
Funny thing is... the 570s are really close to 9000. I bought a 2013 for 8933+ tax. (9535.98) I have been poking around some today too... best price I have gotten on a Trail in my area was 11738 out the door. NOW, with those prices considered... I did add 50 Cal doors for around 450 and some Bandit UTV shocks for around 800. So, apples to apples as they old farts say... The Trail is about a 1000 more. BUT, for that 1000 you get 12 more horse. I did ride the Trail at WR and you can feel the power difference right away too. Both machines IMHO need wheel and tire upgrades too. I think the Trail has an edge over the 570 right now... BUT, I can attest to the 570 being a very reliable buggy... not only for us, but most 570 owners in general do not have many issues.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had the same questions. Everyone I spoke to said that Arctic Cat was far superior to Polaris in terms of durability and reliability. Poke around here and it's not bad but go on RZR forums and people are crying about broken machines constantly. As far as value and performance between the RZR and the Trail, the Trail wins by a mile.
Funny thing is... the 570s are really close to 9000. I bought a 2013 for 8933+ tax. (9535.98) I have been poking around some today too... best price I have gotten on a Trail in my area was 11738 out the door. NOW, with those prices considered... I did add 50 Cal doors for around 450 and some Bandit UTV shocks for around 800. So, apples to apples as they old farts say... The Trail is about a 1000 more. BUT, for that 1000 you get 12 more horse. I did ride the Trail at WR and you can feel the power difference right away too. Both machines IMHO need wheel and tire upgrades too. I think the Trail has an edge over the 570 right now... BUT, I can attest to the 570 being a very reliable buggy... not only for us, but most 570 owners in general do not have many issues.
Oh lol the rzr 570 cost a minimum of $10100 to $10500 otd in nh. I got both of my trails otd for $10500 but I couldnt agree more with you. The Trail feels premium right out of the box. I had a friend that had a rzr 800 and remember all the headaches he had with it. Front diff cage breakage, pivot bushings on every suspension joint, the absolute misery he went through on basic services.i know the 570 is a different beast. But it also comes with a garbage secondary clutch and the primary ain't much better with no ebs, no high/low beams, unless you spent a extra 2k on the le model 570 (those are selling for all of $12299 here also). And my trail has its quirks too. Stupid friggin cam code p0342 . Can't wait till that's gone but other than that I'm happy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
And don't think I'm dissing any bodies ride. Buy what you want, ride what you like. AC coming into this market will only benefit us all. Competition is what will drive quality and performance in this market. Just look at the pure sport sxs they all geta bigger faster more awesome machine just about every year.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Hey guys im new here actually im new to the whole sxs scene. i just need some help on deciding either the wildcat trail or the rzr 570. im coming from a kfx700 i need the extra seat to ride my gf around lol. the wildcat seems to be the better choice but everyone keeps telling me the break im not ready to buy something that going to leave on the trail. has anyone's wildcat trail broken ? is the belt reliable on these things and if not is field repair easy. i know the rzr belts fail too but they can be fixed in the field pretty easily. i even called on dealer and they told me they were no longer dealing with arctic cat because they are such a hassle is this true? also i have to drive 100 miles to pick this thing up which isnt a problem but there are rzr dealers all around here temping me at every corner.
Since the Wildcat Trail is brand new and there are next to none out there how can anyone say they break? That's like me telling you the 2019 Ford 150 breaks. . . . I bet whoever is telling you they break cannot give a single example of one they have seen broken.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
502-863-0920. My name is Mark. We know both machines inside and out. Buy something here or somewhere else, but if you call I will walk you through every detail of both machines.
Mark does the trail need a winch mount I read some other post that said the mounting tabs are already on the down tubes they said behind the front nose there tabs for the roller fairlead

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not Mark, but my trail has a winch mount and tabs for a fairlead. I've ordered a 4500 superwinch for it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well my financing fell through for now hopefully they will reconsider in the morning. they said i have good credit just not enough credit lol buying things on credit she your young are so hard. i guess they saw that i bought a car about 8 months ago as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So far have only found 2 dealers in CO that have the trail so far. The nearest is 130 miles away. Will try to see them next week but would really for a local dealer to get some before I buy just to make better for warrenty. Plus they say the XT will be May or June

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
So far have only found 2 dealers in CO that have the trail so far. The nearest is 130 miles away. Will try to see them next week but would really for a local dealer to get some before I buy just to make better for warrenty. Plus they say the XT will be May or June

Cant speak for other dealers but we have XTs in stock now.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts