Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is shopping for the new 4X, and she likes the looks of the side step nerf bars. I am looking at things from the durability and hanging up on things point of view. I see the nerf bars/step sides getting bent, dinged, ripped off and catching mud. She sees them as easier for her and the girls getting in and out. My girls are 7 and 11. I personally would rather get a skid plate with rocker panel protection.......but no steps with those. You guys that have them....how do they hold up? I told her steel if she does go that route.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have the steps/sliders on my cat. They definitely make entry and exit easier. I totally recommend.
That said, my 1st set was the aluminum ones, and while lighter, they are not as strong. I was sideswiped by a motorcycle once and he deflected off the aluminum and destroyed it, but saved my cat and passenger from potential serious harm. I replaced it with the stronger black steel version.
They are more than just access steps!

sliders.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scary having that bike hit you. Hoping they hold up in the rocks ect.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have 1/2 " skid and then seperate 1/2" rock sliders. If I was to do it again I would get the skid with the rock sliders as one piece. The little tabs that my rock sliders attached to that are part of the floor v pans broke. I made some steel brackets and now they are solid.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
phatcat i have the step sliders on the 12 best investment ive made protects againts everything get the steel ones thought

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the trail armor skid plate. Which is the one Tennessee had on his. But my wife likes the idea of the step.....i am short so the step may be nice ..... One thing I hate about the wild cat is when I get in the cat my pants or shorts get muddy from the rocker panel. I can see the step side helping with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the aluminum steps and girlfriend really likes,so much easier for her and so far in 4 years still no problems but uncle broke his steel twice

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the steps/sliders on my cat. They definitely make entry and exit easier. I totally recommend.
That said, my 1st set was the aluminum ones, and while lighter, they are not as strong. I was sideswiped by a motorcycle once and he deflected off the aluminum and destroyed it, but saved my cat and passenger from potential serious harm. I replaced it with the stronger black steel version.
They are more than just access steps!

View attachment 217609
where did you get the step/sliders?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I just looked online an found aluminum ones LINK
They fit/work great. There is also a steel version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts