Wildcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
and anyone who does the worm clamp...you dont need a 12 inch one...a 5" is plenty.

at least thats what she tells me

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Screw,mach- m6x1.0x10
ac pn# 8477-610

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
The worm clamp fixed my rattle,Thanks TN6680.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Mine has never rattled, however the other day I saw where it wearing through the thin heat foil at closest point to the firewall. I have extra hose wrap, aluminum stuff on one side and like clothes material on other side, pretty thick. I cut some and made several folds to get it thick and wedged it between shield and firewall where it was worn. Thought about having to glue it but think its going to stay there. Gotta ride it, but wonder if that would help for you guys vibrations and rattles?

·
Registered
139 Posts
So while cleaning my trail after the weekend ride I noticed a bolt missing out of the heat shield. It was the one you can see looking in from passenger side. After work I bought some bolts and when I got home started to replace missing bolt. Well to get to the point there was only 1 bolt holding the heat shield on and it was loose. It wasn't making noise, not enough to here through the helmet anyway. The shield was resting against the firewall and rubbed a small hole in the dei heat shield but doesn't appear to have damage the actual firewall. I had done the dei heat shield and titanium exhaust wrap last December. I may not post much, but I always read all the posts and stay informed. If it wasn't for one guy(DRock I think) trying some insulation on his firewall, I would of maybe had a hole behind my passenger seat. Keep up the good work guys and thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I hate this damn heat shield!!! I tried taking it off and wrapping my exhaust with header wrap, but it finally melted a hole in my firewall. I put the shield back on and used loctite on everything and really cranked the bolts tight. It lasted about 300 miles before it started rattling again. I just noticed yesterday that it is missing the passenger side bolt again. Has anyone found a less expensive full exhaust system for these yet? I am having a hard time dropping $500+ on a Muzzy!

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Everything I heard about that Muzzy system has been positive - sure pricey but heat and pipes are further away from the firewall -

I thought someone mentioned a firewall replacement coming from AC? If not - don't beat me up on it - going off my memory -

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I hate this damn heat shield!!! I tried taking it off and wrapping my exhaust with header wrap, but it finally melted a hole in my firewall. I put the shield back on and used loctite on everything and really cranked the bolts tight. It lasted about 300 miles before it started rattling again. I just noticed yesterday that it is missing the passenger side bolt again. Has anyone found a less expensive full exhaust system for these yet? I am having a hard time dropping $500+ on a Muzzy!

If you get the full Muzzy you'll have to also get a fuel controller or your ECU reflashed. So thats a few hundred dollars more you going to have to add on. Tried lock washers?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep, tried lock washers too. Lol

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Everything I heard about that Muzzy system has been positive - sure pricey but heat and pipes are further away from the firewall -

I thought someone mentioned a firewall replacement coming from AC? If not - don't beat me up on it - going off my memory -
New 2016 Trail and Sport have revised firewall according to MLS. Not sure if revised means higher temp material or different shape but it is suppose to be a bolt in to 2014-15 models.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I need to see it in person before i decide its a switch i need to make. I dont have issues anyway just like to keep it that way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Finally got rid of the rattle.....bought a new exhaust. Otherwise I tried everything and it still rattled

What did you put on for exhaust? Did you get a reflash for your ECU?

·
Registered
133 Posts
New 2016 Trail and Sport have revised firewall according to MLS. Not sure if revised means higher temp material or different shape but it is suppose to be a bolt in to 2014-15 models.

Anyone have mre info on the firewall yet? part numbers? pricing?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
If i was a betting man id say price is the same as it is now and old p/n will be replaced with new one rather than continuing to sell the old stock that had issues. Sure i could be wrong. In the range of 60 bucks per side, maybe cheaper south of the border

41 - 60 of 90 Posts