Wildcat Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Anyone try heating the firewall from the inside and then pushing and forming it away from the exhaust in a controlled fashion from the outside ?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Anyone try heating the firewall from the inside and then pushing it away from the exhaust from the outside ?

Been wonder that myself,I was thinking maybe wedging something between the exhaust and firewall and heat the inside of the firewall......might work,might not.....

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Anyone try heating the firewall from the inside and then pushing and forming it away from the exhaust in a controlled fashion from the outside ?
not saying it wouldn't work but the a/c revised firewall is molded perfectly for the added clearance without having to worry about your getting the old plastic one just right heat wise and stretching the already thin wall...$40 outlay is not a deal breaker either...

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Wont be hard to heat and mold the firewall but here is the issue with that. When you heat that cheap plastic to the point of being moldable it usually ends up being very brittle after that and will break easy if hit. It most likely will never be that flexible again. I heated my AC roof and half ass welded the holes back together which was really easy and look decent but it got really brittle and ended up cracking from vibration not too long after that. Im all for saving a dollar but theres alot to be said for doing it right the first time and in this case i think the new firewall is the best option.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
I like my time so heating up the firewall until it's playable wouldn't be for me. - so I'd order the new firewall along with ECU flash to a 2016....even after getting new firewall I would still put the self adhesive barrier on the firewall and wrap up all the hoses and go through the machine all over again.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I guess I'll just replace the firewall with the revised part if it melts. As long as there is no risk of catching fire so close to the fuel tank.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Wont be hard to heat and mold the firewall but here is the issue with that. When you heat that cheap plastic to the point of being moldable it usually ends up being very brittle after that and will break easy if hit. It most likely will never be that flexible again. I heated my AC roof and half ass welded the holes back together which was really easy and look decent but it got really brittle and ended up cracking from vibration not too long after that. Im all for saving a dollar but theres alot to be said for doing it right the first time and in this case i think the new firewall is the best option.

I agree with you 100% just thoughts rattling my brain,mine still hasn't melted yet,adding 2 more layers of adhesive barrier over the factory barrier when it was new might have helped.....

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Remove header, sandblast clean & coat with high temp ceramic paint/coatimg, then wrap with titanium wrap and leave shield off..
I installed an MBRP muffler and lost incredible heat...Went throough the dealer gamet on all heat issues...The eccess heat blew the seals out of two shocks...No eccess noise and no retuning...Expensive but so worth it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ya i did the same thing, HMF pipe dropped engine temps by 12-15 degrees

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

81 - 90 of 90 Posts