Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new tires comming. Had to plug and slime one of the stockers. Just as soon not do this but I'm a little gun shy now. So, if you read the label on a bottle of slime they have different sizes for different tires. On the 24 oz size they list ATV tires. Does this mean that 24 ozs will do 4 tires or just one? Seems like a lot for one tire, but doesn't seem enough for 4. What are you guys doing?

Thanks
Dwight

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I slimed one of my quad tires it took the whole bottle I think it was the 24 ounce. I let my cousin do the math he is a mechanical engineer lol. I have not used any in my wildcat

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Slime don't work to good with a pinched sidewall with about a 1" cut.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got probably a dozen plugs in that one tire and still had to add some slime. My new tires are 6ply so I'm hopin they are tougher that those POS Duros. So, one bottle (24oz) per tire or one bottle per 4 tires?

Dwight

·
Registered
396 Posts
Slime don't work to good with a pinched sidewall with about a 1" cut.
You might want to also try Tire Johnnies foam inserts or Tireballs in your tire as a backup in case of flats. I am considering doing the same

Mike

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you are gonna be the one changing out the tires eventually...DO NOT USE SLIME unless you absolutely need to. I used to change car tires and when someone would put slime in it makes such a mess to clean up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put slime in my golf cart tires. It eventually ate a hole in the wheel. They are aluminum Mitchell wheels so probably quite a bit thinner than a stock Cat wheel.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks CopperState, picking up my wheels with the new Pro-Comp tires this afternoon. I'll ask them about the Arctic Cat stuff, but I know they have been using Slime.

Dwight

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's why I like Ride-On. It's like slime to an extent, but it balances tires and stays on the outside of the tire without making a mess for you. IDK about ATV application, but it is awesome on Motorcycles! It's for ppl that don't want to sit on the side of the freeway waiting for TDOT to come help if they run over a nail rlly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts