Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a small 2" x 4" foam filter inside the air filter housing of the 2014 Wildcat 1000X. Is this for crankcase vent? How do you remove it to clean it? Bolts on the rear of the housing seem difficult without removing the whole housing.

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts
I noticed a small 2" x 4" foam filter inside the air filter housing of the 2014 Wildcat 1000X. Is this for crankcase vent? How do you remove it to clean it? Bolts on the rear of the housing seem difficult without removing the whole housing.
There are 2 nuts on the rear of the air box housing. I believe they are 8mm. If you get the top one off, the easier one, you can bend the metal strap out enough to get the air breather filter. Or take your time, and get both. Your breather filter will probably be saturated with oil, as it comes up from the engine. Clean, and put back in dry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perfect

There are 2 nuts on the rear of the air box housing. I believe they are 8mm. If you get the top one off, the easier one, you can bend the metal strap out enough to get the air breather filter. Or take your time, and get both. Your breather filter will probably be saturated with oil, as it comes up from the engine. Clean, and put back in dry.
thanks, that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts