Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
SOOOO sweet!! Both machines are awesome.. I have an xp and buying a wildcat for the mrs... I cant wait.. I wish my xp handled as well as the cat, Im putting 2000 in some cognito shocks and it probably still wont be as good!!! XP=speed and easy to turbo, CAT= everything the xp should have done except the engine... both machines are saweeeeeeet!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Fairly close on that hill.

Why does everyone say the Prowler XTZ is so slow??????? From what we have seen you could put it in the Wildcats place and nothing would change much, yet Commander and RZR owners say the Prowler XTZ is a turd. I have never come across a Prowler so I have no firsthand experience but after watching these various vids I am at a loss to understand the position that the XTZ is slow.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Plus the wildcat hasn't been out long enough, I know it isn't "broke in" yet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, new to post but long time reader(since started). Been around arctic cat since 06' , and man have they came a loooong way. Don't mean to jack the thread but thought i'd give some input(take it or leave it). The wildcat is quit a machine,if you haven't seen one you would'nt understand, very impessive. Yes, arctic cat left some performance(straight line) to be desired, but put this machine with the xp in whoops or trails and i think you'd see a differant outcome. Thankfully both machines drive each company to be better, which equals win/win for us. I love this sport and look forward to what all bring to the table. Until then, share our passion, ride arctic cat.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Fairly close on that hill.Why does everyone say the Prowler XTZ is so slow??????? From what we have seen you could put it in the Wildcats place and nothing would change much, yet Commander and RZR owners say the Prowler XTZ is a turd. I have never come across a Prowler so I have no firsthand experience but after watching these various vids I am at a loss to understand the position that the XTZ is slow.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
IMO....think it has to do with the old " I have the coolest machin e....if you don't have what I have, yours is just not kewl"I bought my Prowler in early '06 and I was the only one without a Rhino in our group. I choose the Prowler because I liked it more and felt it suited my needs and wants better. "It's to big for the trails.....It won't climb that hill.....It's to tall".....ect. Also, I didn't want what everyone else had, but the bottom line was that I had an inferior machine. The funny thing was that it did anything all if the "Clone" machines did and actually did somethings better.Chevy and Ford guys debate....Gibson and Fender guys debate.....Peterbilt and Kenworth guys l......this will never change, but personally I think it's stupid.....each has a quality all its own.The major problem with being #1 is sooner or later your ass is going to get kicked.Also, Chris you are 100% correct....the XTZ is in no way a turd!

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Wildcat was beat out of the hole because of the rear end gearing and weight. It should catch the XP in the mid range and pull it on the top end. The other unknown is the drivers weight. I can tell you that for every 100 pounds you need close to 10 hp to make up the difference for the weight. I believe Polaris lists the Razor XP at 1190 lbs. and Arctic Cat lists the Wildcat at 1305 lbs. Just my opinion here as I am no expert.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I posted these when I saw em because its not slow. In the second video the cat is gaining at the top. Once benchmark gets the ecu ironed out that will be the ticket. Have a great day boys some of us work on Saturday!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
When I first got my XTZ, it spanked everything I went against at the dunes. Well, except a certain Prowler with a Rotax motor and turbo. I have said it time and time again. Stock to stock, these things are all very close. If the RZR guys see one length as an ass kicking, then I would say the XP will kick the Wildcats ass.....................

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dent if thats the case they can kick my ass all day long and when they are so sore they can't get out of their ride I will be more than happy to help them :) My buddies xp leaves me sore even after 2 hours and he has upgraded his shocks already.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think I know that guy with the Rotax motor! LMAO

When I first got my XTZ, it spanked everything I went against at the dunes. Well, except a certain Prowler with a Rotax motor and turbo. I have said it time and time again. Stock to stock, these things are all very close. If the RZR guys see one length as an ass kicking, then I would say the XP will kick the Wildcats ass.....................

1 - 20 of 48 Posts