Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was mounting the stock Arctic Cat winch. When it was time to connect the winch to the frame the threaded holes in the winch can’t be more then a 1/4 inch! I used 3/8” on the fairlead and thought those were small. Anyone have any failures with those small threaded mounting holes?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I think there 5/16 and at least grade 8. I never had a problem with both machines I had.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Never had a problem with any of the five winches I've had

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there 5/16 and at least grade 8. I never had a problem with both machines I had.
Thanks for the encouragement. I know my Trails not very heavy, but I was surprised the holes in the frame were 3/8” but the threads on the winch were so much smaller. I was thinking that the bolt holes in the frame might be larger so it would work with other winches.
Never had a problem with any of the five winches I've had
Were they all factory Artic Cat winches? I highly doubt I’ll ever use it. I’ve owned my Trail for 3 years and never needed one. But, my wife had wanted one since we first bought it.

·
Premium Member
7,658 Posts
I highly doubt I’ll ever use it. I’ve owned my Trail for 3 years and never needed one. But, my wife had wanted one since we first bought it.
exactly...we've had a winch on 3 trv's, 2 trails and 1 xx and never used them...believe it to be cheap insurance to ward off the evil spirits...besides, happy wife, happy life...well, a little fib above...used the winches on the trv's for snow plowing...

Reactions: curtspivey

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the Artic Cat model is a Warn. The factory winch is really easy to install. I’ve seen a lot of complaints about that the bolts on aftermarket winches can be a pain to access. I think it took me longer to get it out of the box than install it! And I’m sure my wife has a snow plow in our future. 🙄

1 - 7 of 7 Posts