Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets hear all about it. I know there were a lot of people who were upset that AC had canceled the event at Glamis. I wonder how people found out about this one? Also want to hear from everyone who made it there. So come on someone spill the beans and tell us how the WC did on the big hills.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Really..........where'd you find this out? I skipped Glamis to do a side job. If true, I'm gunna be more than a little upset.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove the wildcat over thanksgiving weekend at Glamis ,ca. WOW the thing was great .
Just posting what was said in the new members area.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
AC's marketing has got major issues - it's like they don't want to sell it
Highly doubt that. If anyone knows the the total pain in the ass that the California BLM is, then they would understand. I am sure that the BLM wouldn't give AC a permit to hold their event there on the holiday weekend. And I'm sure AC wanted it there on Thanksgiving weekend so that they could have the most people as possible see it. I don't think that makes them not want to sell it, do you?? But since they couldn't get the permit for their event, they did the next best thing. They told everyone the "event" was cancelled, and showed up anyways! Let a potential 100,000 people see and drive the Wildcat. Sounds like good marketing to me. But what the hell do I know....................

·
Registered
43 Posts
Highly doubt that. If anyone knows the the total pain in the ass that the California BLM is, then they would understand. I am sure that the BLM wouldn't give AC a permit to hold their event there on the holiday weekend. And I'm sure AC wanted it there on Thanksgiving weekend so that they could have the most people as possible see it. I don't think that makes them not want to sell it, do you?? But since they couldn't get the permit for their event, they did the next best thing. They told everyone the "event" was cancelled, and showed up anyways! Let a potential 100,000 people see and drive the Wildcat. Sounds like good marketing to me. But what the hell do I know....................
Exactly...I have held events at Glamis...mostly Teryx runs and trying to get a permit for a big weekend is simply a waste of time. They will accept your money and then tell you "NO"...plain and simple...so they choose to throw the LEO's off track and say they were not going to have the event...and then show up with a rig on Vendor Row...something we do all the time for our events...I admire the spirit... aggressive and in your face "We're going to do it anyways" attitude...

It's easier to apologize than to ask permission...I like these guys more and more...:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
AC's marketing has got major issues - it's like they don't want to sell it
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Couldn't agree more---Last week I called AC and left a question about So Cal---Secretary called me back but refused to answer any of my questions---Said I would have to find a dealer and ask them, she was horribly smug and evasive and said that the only customer feed back that they take is from the customers through their dealers??????---Asked for a So Cal dealer and got no response---Got another call and she said they'd be at Glamis day after TG---Asked what part of Glamis and she said wasn't allowed to tell me-------------------I went to Glamis and found them at Vendors Row on the Wash side----They spent most of Friday riding themselves---Then Sat they gave demo rides from 9:00 to 3:00---And then Sun were supposed to go riding again for their own enjoyment---I told them on Fri they should get out to Olds Hill as that is the basic focal point at Glamis and most like myself would be waiting out there to see them perform---Told them the same on Sat---But to the best of my knowledge they never made a showing out there----None of them were paddled up---All had nobbies---I test drove one of them and had plenty of opportunity to do it over again as the crowd had thinned way out---But I passed as I really wasn't that impressed at all like I thought I would be---Something is wrong with the lower end acceleration, (at least the one I drove), it bogged or hesitated---It just didn't have that surge of power like the XP does-----I was really, really, really disappointed that we couldn't see them in the dunes----They just kept everything like top secret and seemed not to give a rip if we were interested in buying one or not---They had several machines with leaks from either differential or shocks---If I had to rate their showing at Glamis from 1-10---It would be a 1 and that would be because they found the place and they had pleasant personalities--------Sooooooooooooo disappointed.

Happy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well they have done a hell of alot more than popo did demoing the XP, oh thats right popo didnt demo the xp. These demo events are just to give people a taste, its not the finished product yet. Was grumpyharold4 username already taken or what?:p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well they have done a hell of alot more than popo did demoing the XP, oh thats right popo didnt demo the xp. These demo events are just to give people a taste, its not the finished product yet. Was grumpyharold4 username already taken or what?:p
You're in Ga. and I'm in So Cal so probably looking at this from from a bit of a different perspective---I'm not a Popo owner but ride with, (and drive), XP's all the time---I was also in Glamis when Popo demo'd the XP and they were out at Olds all day shooting the hill and nearby dunes so we were able to get a good look at their performance---Were you there, or was your hot rod blown that day:p----Plus I'm not passing hearsay, I drove it myself---Oh and Grumpy was taken:(:)

Happy

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Couldn't agree more---Last week I called AC and left a question about So Cal---Secretary called me back but refused to answer any of my questions---Said I would have to find a dealer and ask them, she was horribly smug and evasive and said that the only customer feed back that they take is from the customers through their dealers??????---Asked for a So Cal dealer and got no response---Got another call and she said they'd be at Glamis day after TG---Asked what part of Glamis and she said wasn't allowed to tell me-------------------I went to Glamis and found them at Vendors Row on the Wash side----They spent most of Friday riding themselves---Then Sat they gave demo rides from 9:00 to 3:00---And then Sun were supposed to go riding again for their own enjoyment---I told them on Fri they should get out to Olds Hill as that is the basic focal point at Glamis and most like myself would be waiting out there to see them perform---Told them the same on Sat---But to the best of my knowledge they never made a showing out there----None of them were paddled up---All had nobbies---I test drove one of them and had plenty of opportunity to do it over again as the crowd had thinned way out---But I passed as I really wasn't that impressed at all like I thought I would be---Something is wrong with the lower end acceleration, (at least the one I drove), it bogged or hesitated---It just didn't have that surge of power like the XP does-----I was really, really, really disappointed that we couldn't see them in the dunes----They just kept everything like top secret and seemed not to give a rip if we were interested in buying one or not---They had several machines with leaks from either differential or shocks---If I had to rate their showing at Glamis from 1-10---It would be a 1 and that would be because they found the place and they had pleasant personalities--------Sooooooooooooo disappointed.

Happy
Do you even read any of the other posts before you start your rant? It was just stated above that they didn't get their event permit and therefore couldn't go run at Olds. And its just a hill anyways. What the hell does Olds hill tell you about a verhicle?? And the low end clutching has also been talked about continuously here. They wer watered down in the demo units. More that likely to keep them reliable while all these idiots thrash on them during their joy.....errr....demo rides. And I don't think there is anything wrong with the AC going out and driving these things in the dunes alone. It just gives them more feedback. But it appears that you have made up your mind anyways, so there is really no need getting so upset. I'll see you out there next season. You will bee in your XP and I will be the one in the black Wildcat passing you through the whoops..................

·
Registered
137 Posts
well I was happy with the short demo ride and they reps were very nice to me ,answered all my questions the best they could.yes they did have a little diff wetness I would rather have that than a trans leak like the XP

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

Happy
I ride and drive all the time in an xp too. He has already upgraded his shocks(2k and change)and it still doesn't have the amount of travel the wildcat does. You were demanding answers from a secretary at work who probably has her calls recorded but she should risk her job because you want her to. I work for a small company and they record calls so its not a stretch by any means. They also didn't do what you told them to do and you are upset about that as well. Lets look at what we know it has already over the xp. Shocks, seats, power steering. Easily just those can be over 5k. Its been said many times that the motor in the demo units isn't the final motor and there is a video on here of a wildcat with knobbies pulling on an s with paddles. Lighten up a bit, its easy to point out every mistake someone makes but take the time to look at what was done right. The final word will not be until these get into our grubby little hands but I think it will be a bit of alright:rolleyes:

One more thing, sitting at a hill is pointless. I do not go to watch people ride I go to ride myself. If they were out at glamis I would much prefer to ride them in the big bowls and maybe hit a razorback or 2 to see what happened :} If you ever suggest a hill again make it china wall! I never understood the drinking and sitting at any hill. Everytime we go out to glamis I have to smack my bud to get him from sitting there losing brain cells at a hill.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do you even read any of the other posts before you start your rant? It was just stated above that they didn't get their event permit and therefore couldn't go run at Olds. And its just a hill anyways. What the hell does Olds hill tell you about a verhicle?? And the low end clutching has also been talked about continuously here. They wer watered down in the demo units. More that likely to keep them reliable while all these idiots thrash on them during their joy.....errr....demo rides. And I don't think there is anything wrong with the AC going out and driving these things in the dunes alone. It just gives them more feedback. But it appears that you have made up your mind anyways, so there is really no need getting so upset. I'll see you out there next season. You will bee in your XP and I will be the one in the black Wildcat passing you through the whoops..................
Well that won't be hard to notice as it will probably be the only one out there:):)---Naw, just kiddding----There are only 3 out of the box sport UTV's to consider at present for dunning, XP, Commander, and Wildcat---So which one sounds like the best out of the box so far----It would be the Wildcat, ps, longtravel, doors, good looking cage, tubular---So more bang for the buck if it performs-----------But that looks like it may be a large " IF "----Remember I just drove the machine and am now wondering, cause the one I was in, I wouldn't want to find myself at the top of a rim or transition with that lack of power ---So will have no choice but to wait til owners start running em to see what their strong and weak points are I guess----------------Denton---You keep speaking as AC's advocate---Are you????----Otherwise what's wrong with posting your findings whether they are positive or negative---------I didn't even bother posting some of the small things like the flimsy doors that rattled and were so annoying and on and on.

Happy

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm not Arctic Cats designated advocate at all. I have owned 2 Prowlers, including the XTZ. I know what they are about, trust me. I have had my share of problems, but no more than my buddies with RZRs or Teryxs, or Rhinos. I have a buddy who ran out and bought 2 XPs as soon as they were available. He hates them. He just lets others in the group ride them in the dunes. Most of my XP knowledge comes from him. He has raced everything from sprint cars to motorcycles and has the money to buy anything he wants. I only drove one once, and hated everything except the power. I am hoping my drive of the Wildcat this weekend makes me feel even better about it. But then again, the pedestal that I have the XP on is much lower than yours, so I assume that the Wildcat will meet or exceed that.

P.S. It's funny to me that you would be so hesitant with what you deem a "lack of power" when we duned for years in UTVs with 1/3 the power of the Wildcat. We never got nervous at any rims or transitions.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Driving the xp was not comfortable to me, but it was fun. I could actually settle on being a little slower just to be more comfortable. Every machine has their ups and downs and I am sure there will be a glitch or 2 with the wildcat. I fully expect that. Right now from my pov the wildcat makes the most sense. If I have to spend 2k to be on par with an xp's power that works for me. My buddy dropped 2k on shocks and it won't be the same for him :}

Now to just be random your thumb slipping off the throttle on a quad going over a transition can hurt lol, good thing utvs are a bit more forgiving. I still think my favorite memory was of my brother looking back at me and going head first into a witches eye(no damage to him or the quad, it was just funny) He had that look on his face like wtf just happened hehe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not Arctic Cats designated advocate at all. I have owned 2 Prowlers, including the XTZ. I know what they are about, trust me. I have had my share of problems, but no more than my buddies with RZRs or Teryxs, or Rhinos. I have a buddy who ran out and bought 2 XPs as soon as they were available. He hates them. He just lets others in the group ride them in the dunes. Most of my XP knowledge comes from him. He has raced everything from sprint cars to motorcycles and has the money to buy anything he wants. I only drove one once, and hated everything except the power. I am hoping my drive of the Wildcat this weekend makes me feel even better about it. But then again, the pedestal that I have the XP on is much lower than yours, so I assume that the Wildcat will meet or exceed that.

P.S. It's funny to me that you would be so hesitant with what you deem a "lack of power" when we duned for years in UTVs with 1/3 the power of the Wildcat. We never got nervous at any rims or transitions.
That's so true---A seasoned dunner can dune just about anything as it's mostly about momentum---But most aren't as seasoned as yourself and need as much throttle as available to help out in a tight spot---Our group leader has been leading for 25 years and put 5000 miles on his Razr 800---Then He got the XP and he's so excited about the extra power----Also many spend the $ for turbo, nos etc., just for more power----I myself feel much safer with extra throttle----It's kind of funny as there is a guy in our camp who has a Nascar pre-runner and another rail and a razr 4 with a turbo'd subaru in it and a XP with suspension and nos----He's going to sell the pre-runner and get 2 more XP's as he likes em so much---So as always, different strokes for different folks.

Dentless---When you get yours and make a run to Glamis pm or email me and if I can, I'll meet you out there and we can go for a ride together.

Happy

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
That's so true---A seasoned dunner can dune just about anything as it's mostly about momentum---But most aren't as seasoned as yourself and need as much throttle as available to help out in a tight spot---Our group leader has been leading for 25 years and put 5000 miles on his Razr 800---Then He got the XP and he's so excited about the extra power----Also many spend the $ for turbo, nos etc., just for more power----I myself feel much safer with extra throttle----It's kind of funny as there is a guy in our camp who has a Nascar pre-runner and another rail and a razr 4 with a turbo'd subaru in it and a XP with suspension and nos----He's going to sell the pre-runner and get 2 more XP's as he likes em so much---So as always, different strokes for different folks.

Dentless---When you get yours and make a run to Glamis pm or email me and if I can, I'll meet you out there and we can go for a ride together.

Happy
Damn, you run with some coined out mofo's.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts