Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just alittle bored and have plenty of time to discuss the WC while were waiting for release, ive been thinking about a few things.
1) What do you guys think about the single shear mounting points that some of the rear suspension points have?
2) I would have liked to see the ecu and other electronics that are mounted under the pass. seat instead mounted up higher maybe like the commander up under the dash, which reminds me where is the battery located?
3) I would have liked to see the oil cooler mounted with the radiator so it would actually get some air flow, be mounted up higher away from mud, no long fluid lines to possibly cut and leak, and have the advantage of the fans when they turn on. Also the fans I would think would be better pushing than pulling. Its just gonna be pulling the hot air from around the motor area and pulling it through the rad.
4)The front steering tie rods are in front of the a arms. I would have liked to see them mounted behind the a arms so if you hit a stump or rock accidentally your tie rods wont be first to hit it and take all the damage.
5)This thing burn regular?

·
Registered
218 Posts
4) Front steer is way better steering geometry than rear steer. Less bump steer. Etc. Its a good thing and now you can steer around the big rocks.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
4) The tierods are only in front of the arms really close on the tire end, otherwise they are behind them, only the perfect shaped rock can get into those corners to impact them. I am thinking in most cases the tire gets there first. If there is a rock on a certain side turning that tire inward will totally protect the arm then straighten out as the tire goes up the face of the rock.

Wildcat tierod.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also just noticed the xp has twin 46mm throttle bodies whereas the wc only has that one 50mm with more cylinder volume to feed. Thats almost double the airflow, man this thing really needs a dual throttle body setup.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Blown,
Yes we have been talking about that since the begining of time. There are a few people already planning to make a twin throttle bodies once the WC is released. So yes your right it needs twin throttle bodies.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I know its been discussed to death but I was just looking at other machines and comparing what is diffrent. Hell even the new teryx4 appears to have dual tb's and is just a 750. Its gonna be a long 3 months.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hell 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to wait until April to get mine because as of yesterday I am snowed in. And on 15 Dec they close all our roads to wheeled vehicles until 1 April. So there is no reason for me to take delivery until I can actually use it. So I am waiting until 1 April to get mine. So by the time I get mine some of you all will have had time to of figured out some stuff and all I'll have to do is install all the good stuff onto my rig. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, something just is odd about all the literature speaking of dual throttle bodies and what im hearing from multiple sources about the demo models not being the finished product and being detuned and other sources saying they cant tell what they know. I just really hope this is the case but its playing hell on me deciding on putting my deposit down on the preorder.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I look at it like anything else, it is just going to be a gamble. And it is only $500. So I am not losing that much if I decide to bail at the end.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Homer says $500 buys alot of beer.

Reactions: Full Of Mud

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ya it does but I also buys a lot of fun. If the WC turns out to be everything I think it will be it is worth the gamble.

But on the flip side of the coin BEER is more important to some people so who knows??;) I enjoyed driving the demo enough that I decided I then and there I was getting one. So my gamble isn't the same as it is for others.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I look at it like anything else, it is just going to be a gamble. And it is only $500. So I am not losing that much if I decide to bail at the end.
The deposit is non refundable...but might be transferable, you could possibly sell your deposit for say $400.00 and only be out $100.00, if you did change your mind.
Somehow I don't think your really thinking about that!!!:cool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Who me???? :confused::confused:

Not much of a chance Wild. Not for me at least. I know some folks were wanting more but I am happy with the package and can build on it from what is there.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
My dealer says if I don't like it when it comes in no problem I can have my check back. They are not cashing the check I gave them and I could easily stop payment on it and they would never know if I were worried at all that they were not being honest with me about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts