Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I insulted the inside of the tunnel with an old sunshade I had in the garage, it helps keeps your drinks cooler when riding. But they eventually will get pretty warm, but no where near what they used to. I filled in the shifter gap, seat belt gap and anything else I could in the tunnel area and that helped keep dust from coming in around those areas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Best results come from sealing off any incursion from the rear wheels. after a ride take your air hose and blow from inside the cab. You will be surprised at how much dust comes out everywhere in front of the tires. the tunnel needs to be sealed also, much harder to do with the drive line and radiator hoses in there. I have very little dust coming in as compared to before, probably 80 to 90% less. I no longer look over at the passenger side and see tons of dust coming in. Dust will always be part of the ride but doesn't have to be a full on dust storm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hear you, SouthernUTxx. We have the same setup (windshield, roof, rear window). Over the last couple of days I've been thinking that keeping heat and dust out of full windshield, roof & rear window XXs deserves it's own thread. Some of the things that work for no or half windshield setups (extractor vents in the hood, for example) don't work as well with a full windshield.

I have the area ahead of the dash and the front entrances to the console/tunnel closed off fairly well, but now heat and dust boils up from all of the gaps in the rear of the cabin. We rode for about 150 miles the last few days completely by ourselves. When the trails opened up enough to cruise fast, the amount of dust and heat drawn into the XX cab from below and behind the seats was shocking. I'm going to remove the blocking plates I added between the front diff and the cabin plastics that somewhat closed off the front of the tunnel. I believe closing that area just shifted where the cabin draws air from, and not for the better.

When we get home I plan to strip the cabin plastics out and figure out how to close-up the cabin without making it a royal pain to work on.
I have '16 SPORT LTD..... brutal dusty and noisey.....i saw about i guy putting in foil-backed bubblewrap, so i tried that. Helped a bit, with both issues....just lift the seats out and cover that whole area. i just taped the pieces in place with duct tape.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No rear window, half window with a 6" x 4" hinged hole cut right in the center to open and close to push are through when desired. Plug all holes in cab and behind the seat. I put 1/4" foam (sticky one side) all around door were it meets the cab. Not perfect but after having 3 of these XX's its an improvement!

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
No so. I have full windshield I use in the cooler temps and rear with very little dust. Just need to seal up the cabin well.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
we are going full pumper system and helmets in all three rigs.. not only dust in cab but dust caused by following in groups..also, finally waking up to the safety of helmets..

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I spent two weeks properly sealing the XX and adding sound and heat insulation with much success. I stripped the interior and finished the floors, walls and rear firewall with insulation.
Cut sound by 50% (my estimation) dust and heat almost 100%.
The center console remains cool to the touch including drink holders.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts