Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on with the Wildcat? Why is AC screwing around with the date(s)?

I'm hearing March now. They lost a 2012 sale if thats true. I'll wait till 2013 unless they keep releasing the new models 2-3 months in to the new year. Who does that anyway??? I already have a 2012 Ford. And a 2012 Motorhome.

Looks like I'll be keeping my Prowler for awhile if March is the date.

Not a rant. Reality. Who is the marketing guru that put this plan together? He should be fired.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The factory story really hasn't changed a ton. Rumors and wishing have muddied the water some. Production is supposed to begin late January/Early February. Early Ride Guarantee orders will be filled first. How many Early Ride orders there actually end up being will determine when our regular stock order will begin to trickle in. I'm sure regular production will drag out a while.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If a dealer orders 10+ units you will see one on the floor of that dealership before Christmas... I believe that is ONE on the floor.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If a dealer orders 10+ units you will see one on the floor of that dealership before Christmas... I believe that is ONE on the floor.
By Jove, you're right, Old Chap! But, what good will it do us to sell that pre-production unit, and have exactly zero to show in the interim?

·
Registered
791 Posts
But what I am reading is that the $500 deposit is nonrefundable? That is correct right?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Arctic Cat dings the dealer for the $500 as soon as they receive the form. It is not up to the dealer. There are a bunch of penalties to the dealer for order cancellation, like a 5% Cancellation Fee, and being backcharged for any "benefits" like parts freight adjustment, etc. It is not a walk in the park being a dealer for any manufacturer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
By Jove, you're right, Old Chap! But, what good will it do us to sell that pre-production unit, and have exactly zero to show in the interim?
If I were a dealer getting one of the early ones... theres no way I'd be selling it until I started to receive my other ones. I dont think we would sell 10+ 1000s here so we didnt order that many. I tried to work with the other dealers that are in our area to get 1 in the area before December but they werent interested in doing that. The Kootenays will just have to wait until the New Year I guess

1 - 11 of 11 Posts