Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What it does,why should we delete it, is sld not reliable,does it wear out, i think the sld acts like a clutch and cushions the drive train,r there what's the benifit of deleting it if u take the cushion out!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I welded the one on my thundercat because when in 4x4 and the rear tires slip, it sends all the power to the front diff and BOOM goes the diff. Also, once it starts slipping it get worse and worse. This is mosly an issue when running big tires. I have had my sld slip on my wildcat, but I run it in 2wd 99% of the time so not a big deal yet.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
There is no benifit in deleting. Unless it start slipping. One that put turbos and build the engines need to delete it because of the hp. More hp the more it slips.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Well if you deleted it, you just need to remember to let off the gas when you are in the air when jumping.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
It almost doesn't make sense to have one just in the rear, as was stated above when it slips the front will get pounded seems like an easy way to blow out a front diff or break a front CV. I have heard mine a bunch of times under heavy throttle when going up and over difficult obstacles. You guys with the big mud tires will quickly find out about the SLD too. I might be taking mine out soon and I will make sure to let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I don't think the front is getting pounded. Its just reducing a little pressure on the rear. Its still putting pressure on the rear just not as much.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have the delete kit in mine. Use common sense and do what Tennessee mentioned by easing off the fuel in certain situations. I haven't had any issues so far and now have confidence my drivetrain aint slipping

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
That good to hear. Fixing to buy me one.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Cant You Just Weld It Up Like On The Atvs

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Well texas said that was a temporary fix. You no he no it all. Haha

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welding it is a temporary fix indeed. The Thundercat weighs a lot less and those that have welded them say that it seems to be a good fix. Mine was welded and it worked for a year then the welds started to let go.It's nearly impossible to get the parts cleaned up enough to get the best welds on it. I got the D&P delete kit and it work perfectly. I think it's a good idea to buy the deltete kit if you want the performance and also if you ever decide to go back to all stock for any reason you can hold onto the factory spike load dampener parts and put them back in any time down the road. Tennessee is right about being careful coming down off your jumps. If your foot is in the throttle you might find some rear end parts tend to fly out the back and your day could be over.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I build my motor so i will be buying spike load damper delete.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts