Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone wake me when they post a real video. How much can you really keep speculating on before you actually see it run?

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think he means seeing the Wildcat in action, not pulling in and parking. It does make one wonder why we haven't seen one in action yet or why the press hasn't done any demo rides.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agreed...

If they want to keep the hipe going they need to feed the machine. Meaning that they need to give us something to droll over and specualte on for the next few months or we will loose interest.

Polaris actually released footage of the XP driving, jumping, etc...the day they annouced it. What does arcitc cat give us?? a 30 second video on a stage and then a month later 1 minute of footage of some guy rolling into a parking spot at 2 mph....SEREIOUSLY ARCTIC CAT!?!?!?

We want to see some action video, show us what this machine can do...put your money where your mouth is.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's just around the corner!!!! Hang tight....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe AC could lend me one. I would be glad to make a video for them!;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
september is the full release. you will get what you want soon, i understand your frustration, i see alot of folks on other forums continually bashing the wildcat mainly because arctic cat wont release any information about it. i understand where all of use are, looking at the pictures and wanting more. the longer they delay in releasing information the more potential customers will walk away and turn their back on the machine and despise it regardless of how good it is. i have seen this happen in other avenues with product releases. if you cant supply the hunger and thirst to begin with, you will get people bashing you rather than standing at the door waiting on one. i wish they would give more information as well i think the long delay is more hurtful than helpful. you can only build suspense for so long, after the new is out of everybodys mind, it may as well disappear. alot of folks are already forgetting about it by now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
september is the full release. you will get what you want soon, i understand your frustration, i see alot of folks on other forums continually bashing the wildcat mainly because arctic cat wont release any information about it. i understand where all of use are, looking at the pictures and wanting more. the longer they delay in releasing information the more potential customers will walk away and turn their back on the machine and despise it regardless of how good it is. i have seen this happen in other avenues with product releases. if you cant supply the hunger and thirst to begin with, you will get people bashing you rather than standing at the door waiting on one. i wish they would give more information as well i think the long delay is more hurtful than helpful. you can only build suspense for so long, after the new is out of everybodys mind, it may as well disappear. alot of folks are already forgetting about it by now.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Totally agree-------We'll see, but I'm afraid they have seriously hurt their intents of entering this market and taking any of PoPo's huge market share away-------Razr sees no threat from them, didn't do hardly anything to their 2011 model to 2012 to be ready for the big release of the Wildcat---That should tell you something----Plus after the long drawn out hype they have set the stage for themselves that the thing is going to have to be near bullet proof---Any noticable flaw will take em down-------They have to learn how to be in touch with the market they are desiring to reach---That's the key to PoPo's success and the huge hindrance to AC.

Happy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys I'm new here and I'd like to share what I have found out from my local dealers here in AZ... I was told by at least 3 dealers that the SW regional Rep for AC was "in town" and:
They'll be delivering Demo's in October or November
The SW is the first region to receive production units... it will be dune season you know
Production deliveries for sale to the public will be in late Dec or early Jan
Oficial pricing will be available Sept. 15... that is now on the website... but they should be just under $16K
One dealer told me that his first "batch" is sold out and 1/2 of his 2nd. how many is a batch? I don't know he wouldn't tell me.

So take it for what its worth. For myself, I don't consider these to be rumors since I got the same info from 3 independent sources.

Ken

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well in October they should have scheduled in advance to bring 5-6 of them out to Glamis and Dumont to put on a demonstration----That's what PoPo did to help promote the XP---They ran em hard and gave out t-shirts and junk etc----Poor AC--Doesn't even have a clue---And perhaps not even enough common sense to read the boards.

Happy

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well in October they should have scheduled in advance to bring 5-6 of them out to Glamis and Dumont to put on a demonstration----That's what PoPo did to help promote the XP---They ran em hard and gave out t-shirts and junk etc----Poor AC--Doesn't even have a clue---And perhaps not even enough common sense to read the boards.

Happy
I never once heard an "announcement" Polaris that they would be running at Glamis. Two years ago AC showed up at Glamis for several weekends with the Prowler 1000XTZ and showed it off. They ran the hills, raced the competition and showed them to people. The same thing may happen with the Wildcat. And PoPo is the one who doesnt have a clue. Instead of making a new high performance SxS from the ground up, they used the same crappy frame and just lifted the hell out of it to get their suspension travel. Its top heavy and very easy to get on 2 wheels. The AC is 8" lower with more travel. And 12" longer to handle the whoops. Bottom line is that there are still going to be more RZR sales. They are a bigger company. But you can have your modified standard RZR. I am going with the ground up design with my money...................

·
Registered
377 Posts
No matter how much of a fan boy some are with Polaris RZRs, you have to admit the Wildcat sounds good (ballz) compared to the XP which sounds like a humming bird in a washtub

1 - 20 of 23 Posts