Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum today. I have a 2013 Wildcat 4 1000. I'm looking for feedback on what would be a good clutch belt to have as a spare. The dealer will sell me a OEM belt for $180. This seems high. Are there other belts that are reliable/better for this cat. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Bret

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks Bigwood. Just curious, have you had any experience with the G-Force belt. That's a great price!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
bigwood can you be more specific please, how many miles on belt and how hard are you on the gas? Reason being is that Gates has had issues in the past and I did not buy one as spare because of it. Maybe they worked out the kinks by now. OP your dealer should be able to buy it back as long as you havent used it.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I been buying belts on fleabay, 99.00 plus shipping, oem arctic cat belts,

·
Registered
608 Posts
The belt works. I've have a few hundred miles on it. Stay away from the carbon belt. If you want a spare its cheap. You can always just use it like a spare tire. Throw it on until you can get another oem belt.

I have almost 800 miles and never even broke the stock belt. I swap them out when I inspect it. I ride pretty hard but I don't dune. I have a belt temp gauge. I just make sure I don't overheat. I have no clutch blower. I hit 70+ when I can. Do a lot of climbing. Occasional drag race against my friends. Lots of drifting around.

The gates belt is slightly faster than the oem belt for some reason. Someone else in the forums also noted this. I'm thinking maybe its cause the gates belt is a stiffer compound and very slightly wider.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am currently testing for gates and due to the carbon belt I was having the belt heat up excessively. I am currently running a gates belt non carbon and is working wonderful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, which is it? 26G3596 or 29G3596? Will either work? What's the difference. I mainly dune, but am pretty easy on the throttle. Usually stay in low.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Actually I just looked it up on gates website and they say the 26 belt now. They also don't have the carbon belt as an option for the cat now. It's likely they did some more testing and changed something a little. I am going to email them and see why they changed. Maybe I can get a free belt.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am the one testing for gates and the 29 carbon belt is too wide and heating up. So far I have 200 miles on the 26 belt no heat issues. I will keep my updates as the weekend progresses here in Glamis

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recently ordered the EPI severe duty belt, temp gauge, and Blower... I blew a belt in Ocotillo this last weekend and was stuck in the desert for a couple hours before I could get towed...... Also have a spare now, and the tools to replace as needed.... Seems there are two quality of belts due to prices from what I could find.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am the one testing for gates and the 29 carbon belt is too wide and heating up. So far I have 200 miles on the 26 belt no heat issues. I will keep my updates as the weekend progresses here in Glamis
Hmm I have the reg 29 belt. It seems to work fine. I also have a belt temp gauge and its same temp as stock. I only did maybe 200 miles on it though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts