Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you guys found spare keys or copies of your keys done? :boarder:

I'd like to have a couple of copies made as spares..

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I picked up a couple of blanks from the local dealer and planned on getting them cut at the hardware store. I should have asked what the price was first. Cost me 11.95 ea. just for the blank. ouch

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Any locksmith type place can cut them for a whole lot less! Including the glove box key..

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
my glovebox has a net and doesn't really get used... never thought of making spares as I'm only one driving this machine.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Someone broke into my truck and stole the spare keys to the WC. They also got into my neighbor's truck 2 nights later. We have him on camera looking right into it.

Both were locked and no alarms. Hope they don't have the remote hack device in our neighborhood.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...
I refuse to pay $10-$15 for a single blank..
I went on eBay and did a search for the partnumber for the C-Series keys and found a pair of the blanks for $5 plus $1.90 shipping.
my eBay app won't give me the option of copying a link - so if you are interested just search on ebay for the following::
Arctic Cat Keys Blank C SERIES P/N # 3409-007

Tried it from the browser and got a number of hits...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...t+Keys+Blank+C+SERIES+P/N+#+3409-007&_sacat=0

Reactions: Wildkitten

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I took the keys from both machines to a local locksmith, they had the blanks. it was less than one factory key to get all 4 cut. If you look at the factory keys (both ignition & glove box) they have a number on them, write it down if you loose all of you keys you can order a replacement which is cheaper than replacing the ignition switch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked with my local LockSmith first.. He said that the C-Code key blanks that he had were a 1/4" longer and had a different stop on them.. With some fiddling and filing, it could be done but he advised me to just get the blanks and he'd cut them.. I'm taking his advice, but thanks for yours as well..

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I think there was an up charge of a $ or so for the ign key blanks but I still got all four (2 ign - 2 glove box) for about the price of one key from AC. I will check it out my next trip that way..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts